Search found 2501 matches
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:59 pm
- Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
- Topic: Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2498
Re: Comrades, it is wrong to criticize Chairman…
While our church leaders are not out to gain world power, much good can come when an organization requests and accepts criticism and uses it to improve. I think the LDS leaders are so insulated from criticism, they have lost their way of the realities of regular members of the church.
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 7:58 am
- Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
- Topic: Church lawyers and D&C 121
- Replies: 2
- Views: 51690
Re: Church lawyers and D&C 121
I’m seeing social media posts from active members who are very much disliking the lawsuit approach against John Dehlin taken by the church. This is certainly causing some members to start questioning the church.
- Tue Apr 28, 2026 9:18 am
- Forum: Support
- Topic: An Update from the Prodigal High Councillor
- Replies: 9
- Views: 68574
Re: An Update from the Prodigal High Councillor
Thank you for the great update. So good to hear things are going well and that you have survived being on the high council.
- Thu Feb 12, 2026 6:38 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: New Apostle called - Clark Gilbert
- Replies: 4
- Views: 102382
New Apostle called - Clark Gilbert
Headline from SL Tribune: LDS Church President Dallin Oaks makes a controversial pick for new apostle: Clark Gilbert The choice may not sit well with some BYU faculty. Looks like this may be another controversial apostle. Link: https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2026/02/12/lds-church-president-dallin ...
- Fri Jan 02, 2026 12:34 am
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Q12 leading the church
- Replies: 14
- Views: 266878
Re: Q12 leading the church
Anyone heard anything about what has become of RMN’s wife?
- Mon Dec 29, 2025 9:26 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Jeffrey Holland dead
- Replies: 6
- Views: 153830
Re: Jeffrey Holland dead
I think there will be several funerals in the near future. Oaks seems very frail. About as frail as Nelson at the end of his life. Eyering has aged quite a bit lately. Maybe Uchtdorf will make it to the top soon.
- Wed Dec 17, 2025 5:59 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Spiritual abuse
- Replies: 8
- Views: 145656
Re: Spiritual abuse
I was reading info on forms of abuse as I am in the healthcare field. Anyway they referenced the national domestic violence hotline. Here is a link: https://www.thehotline.org/resources/types-of-abuse/ Anyhow, you will see there that there is one in there titled spiritual abuse. Specifically where ...
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 12:10 pm
- Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
- Topic: Shorter Conference
- Replies: 7
- Views: 178160
Re: Shorter Conference
I think the primary reason is all of the apostles, who have to preside and talk at all of these conference sessions, are really old.
- Sat Nov 29, 2025 12:03 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: The legalistic Oaks era has begun
- Replies: 7
- Views: 194046
- Sun Nov 09, 2025 6:18 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: I heard Moksha passed away recently…
- Replies: 12
- Views: 297209
Re: I heard Moksha passed away recently…
So sad to hear this. He had a way of finding humor in any situation. May the penguin rest in peace.
- Sun Oct 19, 2025 9:04 am
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Church Finances and the CBC
- Replies: 19
- Views: 137324
Re: Church Finances and the CBC
I was rewatching this 60 minutes Australia episode of Mormons cooking the books and one of the members talked about a class action lawsuit they were bringing against the church in Australia. Has anyone heard about that lawsuit?
Re: RMN
... Mormon is victory for Satan to piss off Hinkley ... Announced 200 temples to piss off Hinckley Ya think GBH and RMN get to have a Professional-Wrestling-Style grudge-match in the MORmON afterlife to work out their differences? Has it already happened, or do they have to wait until " The ...
- Wed Oct 08, 2025 12:19 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: October 2025 Conference: Another Snoozefest
- Replies: 5
- Views: 105251
Re: October 2025 Conference: Another Snoozefest
I watched zero conference last weekend. I did look at MoPags posts on the conference. It sounded like 1-2 people mentioned a tragic bus accident in Africa or somewhere. I think staying away from the US gun violence is probably a good call. That’s probably all the world hears about anyway regarding t ...
Re: RMN
Aside from his exaggerations and lies with his many faith promoting stories (ie spiral, airplane death dive), he created more change than any other president since I have been alive. I didn’t agree with all his changes, but there were a lot. Mormon is victory for Satan to piss off Hinkley Women can b ...
- Sun Oct 05, 2025 7:01 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Q12 leading the church
- Replies: 14
- Views: 266878
Q12 leading the church
Since Nelson died, the Q12 has taken over the church. What is the doctrine around this. I do know the D&C 107 says that the FP, Q12, and Q70 are all equal in authority.
Why doesn’t the Q70 have a place at the table in this transition?
Why doesn’t the Q70 have a place at the table in this transition?
- Sat Oct 04, 2025 11:57 am
- Forum: Support
- Topic: NOMference Fall 2025 Sat morning!!!
- Replies: 57
- Views: 341226
Re: NOMference Fall 2025 Sat morning!!!
I may or may not be able to join. We do not pay for a TV subscription, so pulling it up off of the internet is our only option of watching and dear hubby is trying, but can’t find parts and so on. Shows how much interest he has that he didn’t even plan ahead. So, maybe I’ll join and maybe I will hav ...
- Sun Sep 28, 2025 4:13 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: President Nelson has Died
- Replies: 10
- Views: 128766
Re: President Nelson has Died
It seems we have all been waiting and wanting this change. Many think that Oaks will really start to drive the church into the ground. I can’t imagine him not to put more pressure on the LGBTQ community as he has done so for 50 years.
- Sun Sep 21, 2025 2:19 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: forced labour
- Replies: 6
- Views: 64164
Re: forced labour
“Taylor and Brannon are also accused of requiring victims to work in call centers for long hours without pay, according to the DOJ. The two would also allegedly punish victims with "public humiliation, additional work, food and shelter restrictions, psychological abuse, forced repentance, sleep d ...
- Sun Sep 21, 2025 2:10 pm
- Forum: Support
- Topic: The simplest questions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 454088
Re: The simplest questions
D&C 77:6 says the Earth has existed for 7000 years. I suspect there is a divide in the church based on this revelation from JS. It is obvious from science this is not true.
- Thu Sep 18, 2025 7:36 pm
- Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
- Topic: Garmets In the News
- Replies: 5
- Views: 98858
Re: Garmets In the News
I love stuff like this. Mormons LOVE going to church, but they are strangely overjoyed whenever the number or length of meetings are reduced. They have such deep respect and reverence for their sacred temple garments and the modesty they dictate, but it's like a Black Friday brawl when skimpier ...