Search found 1712 matches

by wtfluff
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Please pray for Kish! He needs our help.
Replies: 10
Views: 271

Re: Please pray for Kish! He needs our help.

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 am
God forbid!!!

Now he wants a tattoo!

Let's help him out with ideas.
✔️ Tramp-Stamp of favorite temple
✔️ Or favorite prophet!

Image
by wtfluff
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 am
Forum: Support
Topic: LDS fireside this Sunday on "Navigating Doubts"
Replies: 41
Views: 1110

Re: LDS fireside this Sunday on "Navigating Doubts"

Funny how evil "doubt" has become. Just ignore it, or make fun of it, and hopefully it will go away.


I wonder where "mormonism" would be if Joseph Smith Jr. had completely ignored his doubts and never taken that little hike into the "sacred grove?"
by wtfluff
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Not to Thread-Jack the doubting thread...
Replies: 6
Views: 140

Re: Not to Thread-Jack the doubting thread...

This is a great starting point but how do you navigate the conversation when it gets derailed by disagreement between fact and opinion? I've literally laid out known demonstratable facts that TBM's have claimed were anti-mormon lies, fiction, and fabrications. "That's not true!", they react. That's...
by wtfluff
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Spiritual Muscles
Replies: 4
Views: 122

Re: Spiritual Muscles

My magic rock says: Spiritual muscles actually means: Obedience muscles.

There's literally no need to do anything except what you're told. That will exercise the obedience muscles sufficiently. :cry:
by wtfluff
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Please pray for Kish! He needs our help.
Replies: 10
Views: 271

Re: Please pray for Kish! He needs our help.

Bored at work...

Watching Renlund re-defines that above sentence in a way that... Well, I'm speechless. :shock:
by wtfluff
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?
Replies: 53
Views: 1705

Re: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?

Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:17 pm
The white shirt uniform came from a general conference talk by Eyring in early 2000s.
Lloyd Christmas wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Sorry, it was Holland in a 1995 talk.
I remember being encouraged, if not commanded to wear a white shirt to pass the sacrament in the early 80's.
by wtfluff
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?
Replies: 53
Views: 1705

Re: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?

Hence they can proclaim the most trivial things to be direction from God. Like when the suggestion was made that deacons wear white shirts and ties when passing the sacrament. Pretty soon it became the official uniform of the priesthood. Wonder if Wendy and Sherri have any favorite tunes to add to ...
by wtfluff
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:00 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Having an 8yo baptism, or not.
Replies: 14
Views: 536

Re: Having an 8yo baptism, or not.

Just tell the bishop you're having a same-sex marriage on Saturday. That will end the child baptism harassment... I've had something along these lines "cross my mind" at times. How about getting up on Open Mic Sunday and lying my @$$ off by baring a really gay testimony about how when I was younger...
by wtfluff
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Infantilization of the mind
Replies: 19
Views: 482

Re: Infantilization of the mind

This infantilization in mormon ism constantly amazes me. If you really think about it, it makes sense. Mormon ism literally encourages you to turn much of your decision making over to the church. You're literally taught NOT TO THINK about many, many things. The "shelf" metaphor fits right into this:...
by wtfluff
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?
Replies: 53
Views: 1705

Re: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?

Tangential thought - Did you know that at BYU, the young elders are able to express their individuality by wearing colorful ties? Apparently, none of the Brethren have come out and suggested which color and pattern of ties is most pleasing to God. During my months of lock-down at the (unpaid sales)...
by wtfluff
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?
Replies: 53
Views: 1705

Re: The changing face of LDS INC under RMN...why the rush?

Hence they can proclaim the most trivial things to be direction from God. Like when the suggestion was made that deacons wear white shirts and ties when passing the sacrament. Pretty soon it became the official uniform of the priesthood. Wonder if Wendy and Sherri have any favorite tunes to add to ...
by wtfluff
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 am
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: Apostasy through the ages.
Replies: 13
Views: 419

Re: Apostasy through the ages.

Any reference to human sacrifice or other evil is evidence that they had the truth but fell into apostasy. Was the ball court part of the apostasy too? ;) That was obviously that was a large part of many of those civilizations, yet for some reason not mentioned in their "holy book?" :? Visited Tulu...
by wtfluff
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:26 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Still doing it wrong
Replies: 14
Views: 436

Re: Still doing it wrong

Ugh... It sounds like you found a "soft spot" Alas, and he reverted back to thinking "I am the church, she's attacking me." It's amazing how LDS-Inc. taught us to tie our brains in knots, and completely set aside logic and reason, and literally "not think." You may have pointed out something about t...
by wtfluff
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Need Advice - Potential Visit from a Seventy
Replies: 44
Views: 1439

Re: Need Advice - Potential Visit from a Seventy

1. "I have always known about these issues." (Gaslighting) Oh really? You’ve always known that Joseph Smith was having relationships with housemaids, orphans, and his foster children in their teens? Not to mention his followers’ wives? And that never bothered you? And the Church is perfectly open a...
by wtfluff
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 am
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: Is there a new word yet?
Replies: 16
Views: 528

Re: Is there a new word yet?

Unfortunately for President Nelson's idea, the Church is officially registered under the name The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Can't leave off the Latter-day Saints for official reasons, even if most corporate business occurs under the Corporation of the First Presidency and its sub...
by wtfluff
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: Apostasy through the ages.
Replies: 13
Views: 419

Re: Apostasy through the ages.

2. Wouldn't traces of this Church influence be found more in archaeological discoveries throughout the world? What sort of archaeological evidence would you expect to prove "100% Mormon Population" for short time periods? Evidence of Monotheism, baptism, a single language worldwide for at least a f...
by wtfluff
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: Apostasy through the ages.
Replies: 13
Views: 419

Re: Apostasy through the ages.

deacon blues wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:17 am
2. Wouldn't traces of this Church influence be found more in archaeological discoveries throughout the world?
What sort of archaeological evidence would you expect to prove "100% Mormon Population" for short time periods?
by wtfluff
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:16 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Looks like I'll be doing my "Home Study" after all...
Replies: 22
Views: 614

Re: Looks like I'll be doing my "Home Study" after all...

Why not study " The Essays ?" Seriously. It's "LDS-Inc. Approved" material. As far as critical thinking skills / skepticism, watch Cosmos when it's "your turn" to teach. Or look into podcasts such as: "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe" or "You are not so smart" and pick things from there to discu...
by wtfluff
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Forum: Doctrinal Discussion
Topic: Faith Crisis quiz
Replies: 24
Views: 630

Re: Faith Crisis quiz

Reuben wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:06 pm
This isn't a quiz. It's circle jerk fuel.
Sheesh. Thanks for that mental image. I'm extremely (NOT) glad I joined in on the "fun"now.
by wtfluff
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Need Advice - Potential Visit from a Seventy
Replies: 44
Views: 1439

Re: Need Advice - Potential Visit from a Seventy

Sounds as if this went as well as can be expected for you.

Looking forward to your Return and Report™ of the aftermath with your wife. Hopefully she was aware you weren't going to accept Mr 70's useless plattitudes.