SHE'S BAAAACK!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
River Morgan2

SHE'S BAAAACK!

Post by River Morgan2 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi, River Morgan here. For those who didn't participate in the old NOM board, I'm a GOF* 😂 and mouthy to boot.

i'm BIC and still a member of record, but out for almost a decade. I raised a family as a good Primary President mommy though and they are all still very much in, to my sorrow. I see problems being made worse by the church when they wouldn't even be issues in a normal household. Spouse was out before I was though so that's good.

I'll be looking forward to meeting some of you and hearing from old friends!

River

*GOF is a Grumpy Old Fart.
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

græy

Re: SHE'S BAAAACK!

Post by græy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:42 am

I've heard your name spoken here. Whispered as a reverence by the Elders or our day. A legend. :)

However that works, I'm happy to have another member of our community! Welcome back!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:43 am

We've missed you! Welcome back.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:55 am

Welcome back River!

I loved your stories and tattoo!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Thank you, gray, and especially hagoth and Ryder!

For anyone wondering, my tattoo is florid writing surrounded by roses. But when you decipher the writing it says End Patriarchy! I got it to celebrate my mentally leaving the church.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:27 pm

I saw your login name show up on the new registrations and could hardly believe that you had returned. Welcome back.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:43 pm

(BACK)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Welcome back, River Morgan. :D
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Corsair, wtfluff, moksha! So good to see you!

River

alas

Post by alas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:20 am

Geee, I only got a double piercing in my ears and a crucifix to wear around my neck to celebrate my departure from Mormonism. I feel... inadequate...like a half hearted rebel...envious? I was far too chicken for a tattoo. The piercing was to mark leaving the dictatorship and the crucifix was to remind me I am still more or less Christian. Well, 15 or so years later and I am still more or less Christian, if Christianity doesn’t mind sharing with Pantheism. If Christianity is bothered by the idea that rocks and rivers have a soul, then I guess less Christian, more “other”. I still wear my two pair of earrings, and each time I take them in or out, it reminds me that Mormons and I worship a different Jesus.

Funny side note, I just noticed that there was a typo so it read if “rocks and rivets have a soul” and as I corrected it I thought that I guess maybe man made rivets might have a soul.

Tangent: my most recent celebration was that New Zealand officially declared a major river to be a “living entity”. Yes! Rivers are alive and have a soul and we need to stop treating our rivers, air, mountains and seas as dead *things.* They are living entities. We are just parasites on a big living entity, called Mother Earth and like any parasite, if we kill our host, then we die too. We are currently making our host sick and we need to cut it out or we will all die together.

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:33 am

Alas, as usual, you and I totally agree. Rocks and rivers (and plants and bugs and animals and ...) have a soul.

And if anyone can relax in a mountain glade, smelling the tall pines, listening to the wind wave through the tops of the trees, watch the small fish darting around in the bubbling brook, and looking at the wild flowers ... and not agree with us? That would be a small sorrow to me.

Thank you again for our socially distanced and masked visit yesterday IRL. It was manna.

River

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 am

Rivers are literally and metaphorically amazing things. (Life is like a River :) ) It's great to have River Morgan back. I've been enjoying your latest posts.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:15 am

River Morgan2 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:20 pm
Hi, River Morgan here. For those who didn't participate in the old NOM board, I'm a GOF* 😂 and mouthy to boot.

i'm BIC and still a member of record, but out for almost a decade. I raised a family as a good Primary President mommy though and they are all still very much in, to my sorrow. I see problems being made worse by the church when they wouldn't even be issues in a normal household. Spouse was out before I was though so that's good.

River

To see that avatar of yours again made me smile and warmed my soul! I see you all the time on FB of course but to see you back here is a blessing my dear friend!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 am

River Morgan2 wrote:

River

Welcome back! So great to hear from you :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:28 am

But IS she back? Hope to hear from you again soon, River!

It's always good to hear from you too, Allie.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 am

AllieOop wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 am
River Morgan2 wrote:

River

OMG!!! AllieOop!!! One of my favorite people and avatars!!! So good to see you!!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:00 pm

stealthbishop wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:56 am
AllieOop wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 am
River Morgan2 wrote:

River

OMG!!! AllieOop!!! One of my favorite people and avatars!!! So good to see you!!
Hi Stealth!!!

I love that you're back posting here! (And yes, I'm still in love with your avatar too...LOL)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."