Finally home again!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Nonny

Finally home again!

Post by Nonny » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Through a random internet search I stumbled upon my tribe again. I'm so happy to have found you all, like bumping into an old friend at the grocery store. I may not have posted much in the old forum, but I read the posts every day. You, my anonymous friends, were the people who understood what it is like to have your world upended by a faith transition.

My brief bio: Raised in the church with parents of mixed faiths, attended BYU, married in the temple, raised a bunch of kids, now an empty-nester with a TBM dh. Still attending church and even holding a small calling again, having recently returned from a 2 yr hiatus from callings and 2nd/3rd hour attendance. I've been doing this whole transition thing for about 18 years now. Not only taking it slow, I'm on glacial speed. Told dh the Nov policy was the last straw, but he doesn't know how much the atheist I am now. One of the kids has resigned, some are inactive to different extents and one is still TBM. We don't talk religion at home.

Most of the time I feel pretty good about my current life. I learned so much great advice from the good people of NOM that helped me get to this place. Things like "it's just church", "mormons gonna morm," boundaries, genuinely smile when you say no thanks, they only have the power you give them, and many more pithy words of wisdom. When I got to the place of apathy toward the church, I also found peace.

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you and learning your stories. A big thanks to all those that put this forum together.

MalcolmVillager

Re: Finally home again!

Post by MalcolmVillager » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Welcome back. Yeah that is slow. But slow or fast, it is good to have this secret outlet.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:35 am

Hi Nonny. Thanks for sharing and introducing yourself. I see you mention a transition of about 18 years I can sort of relate. Look forward to hearing from you.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:37 am

This is a great post Nonny. Thanks for relating the words of wisdom you picked up from NOM 1.0.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am

Welcome home.

Glad we left a light on.

Can totally relate to the peace of apathy.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Newme

Post by Newme » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Some good words, Nonny. Thanks.

And welcome back.