It's good to be back! So glad New NOM 2.0 is here!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
MalcolmVillager

It's good to be back! So glad New NOM 2.0 is here!

Post by MalcolmVillager » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Hey ya'll!

I have been going through withdrawals, something fierce!

Good job to those who made this happen.

I guess an intro is in order. BIC, all the checkmarks (Eagle Scout, RM, Ricks, BYU, BYU MBA, MIT, 5 daughters, EQP, YMP, Bishopric Counselor, HPG Leadership, TBM 4 decades, then the shelf crashed.

Started with FARMs, then FAIR, RSR, then Rational Faiths, Mormon Stories, the bloggernacle, and podcasts galore. NOM was a safe haven for my sanity.

Malcolm Villager comes from "Malcolm in the Middle" (I get to stay in the middle of mormonism due to family, the MorCor where I live, and probably because it is my tribe. "The Village" because that is a movie that helps me visualize the alternate reality that members live in, and that can be a choice, even for those who came from the outside.

I love the personalities on NOM and the fellowship that exists here. I am now on some FB closed groups (which has helped me find friends in the real world who also struggle. There are 7 in my ward, and many friends of friends on the FB group which has been helpful to have real life meetings and relationships) and have ventured into some Reddit but it just isn't the same as NOM.

I look forward to the rants, philosophy, perspective, that I grew to rely in with all you fellow NOMers.

It is good to be rowdy and tell it how we really feel, with some anonymity to protect us.

Cheers!

LSOF

Re: It's good to be back! So glad New NOM 2.0 is here!

Post by LSOF » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 pm

Welcome, dear sir! I suppose we can strike you off our list of absentees.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:07 am

Welcome back MV! Glad you found us!

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:28 pm

7 in your ward!?!? That's awesome! Glad to see you back. I always liked your posts.
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers