Back again to NOM 2.0

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
no1saint

Back again to NOM 2.0

Post by no1saint » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I was a semi-regular on the previous NOM. I was born in New Zealand into the Church community of Temple View surrounding the Hamilton, New Zealand Temple and the former Church College of New Zealand site. I grew up in Melbourne, Australia where I am currently residing.

I was BUC, my mother's family on her father's side joined the Church around the 1880's. My Dad's family on his father's side is Anglican and Ringatu (a mixture of traditional Maori beliefs and practise with Christianity). On his mother's side they joined the Church around the early 1900's.

My Nomness started probably around my mid teens when I first started having spiritual and emotional disconnection from the Church. I felt nothing and decided to explore my faith properly. Around this time I started having same sex attraction as well which made life interesting. At 19 whilst working in the city I decided to give my faith a proper go and started attending weekly Institute classes. After a year I felt I knew the Church well enough after a lifetime of indoctrination and then finally personal reflection and decided it wasn't for me. However, it wasn't until 2012 that I felt the need to resign my membership officially after coming to terms that as a person who identifies as gay that there wasn't a place for me anymore.

Now I use NOM to navigate my way through family relationships and to vent steam safely. Thank you for establishing this again. I felt quite lost when it disappeared randomly and felt disconnected when I first stumbled across this a few months ago. But now I am back and ready to be part of this community again.
Last edited by no1saint on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighMaintenance

Re: Back again to NOM 2.0

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Welcome back!

I loved the historic photos you posted on the old NOM of the Temple View community and your family!

Look forward to more of your experiences!
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 pm

We are glad to have you back!

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

I remember you from the pervious board. :)

Welcome back to the ward family!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

no1saint

Post by no1saint » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:13 am

Thank you everyone. Love being back.