Greetings from Awake!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Awake

Greetings from Awake!

Post by Awake » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:26 pm

I went searching for NOM in October for the Halloween unveiling - (If only to show Moksha my curls)... and lo and behold it was gone!!!! Luckily, a NOMmie showed me this NOM 2.0 and I ran over here to grab my username before someone else stole it from me.

Glad NOM lives on.

Update on me: Our entire family has happily moved on from Mormonism. It's really not even a part of our lives anymore, so I don't get triggered very often. Life is an adventure and I do miss a bunch of people on here, but I stay in touch with MoJo, Jeffret and FastandTestyMoaning - I think all of them have moved on as well from NOM.
Last edited by Awake on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SeeNoEvil

Re: Greetings from Awake!

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello Awake! Glad you found your way! :D
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:59 am

Awake wrote:I went searching for NOM in October for the Halloween unveiling - (If only to show Moksha my curls)... and lo and behold it was gone!!!! Luckily, a NOMmie showed me this NOM 2.0 and I ran over here to grab my username before someone else stole it from me.

Glad NOM lives on.
Yes, Moksha missed your gorgeous red curls for the Halloween unmasking (he even posted about you!) :)

We'll do it again on April Fools Day (or you can do it any day you choose, of course...) I think we will bring that tradition back.

Anyway...welcome! I'm so happy to see you here :D
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:47 am

Awake! Good to hear an update from you. Say hi to Mojo, Jeffret, and the rest of the inactive CO NOMs for us.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Awake

Post by Awake » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Will do Red Ryder... We are all too busy arguing about politics on facebook to give Mormonism a second glance. I do miss you guys though.. you all helped me really figure shit out a few years ago.

On a side note... I'm so GLAD I'm not wearing garments anymore. I got breast cancer this summer so the big boobs had to go, and In deciding what I wanted to do, not wearing garments was a big factor in my decision. I'm rocking the flat now (no more surgeries for me. period) - all thanks to being able to show off my shoulders... If I had to wear that horrible white undershirt I probably would have gone fake.. and honestly, fake is just not me.
Attachments
Thea and Mesmall.jpg
Thea and Mesmall.jpg (203.34 KiB) Viewed 5000 times

Luther Heggs

Post by Luther Heggs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 am

Sorry you had to fight the demon cancer. So glad you are doing better (love the curls). I (like everybody) got surprised by the death of NOM, but am glad it's successor is now around if for no other reason than to catch up. Be well and best to J. and the fam.
Lies are lies even if you believe them or think you are doing something moral - they are still lies.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 am

Wow Awake!

It's good to hear you're making lemonade even though you had to down size the lemonade stand. ;)
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Awake

Post by Awake » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Luther Heggs, why are we not FB friends! did you delete me? :) We should get a BBQ going next summer - but at least you now know why it didn't happen this year!

As for the summer from hell... I'm back to normal now, with as Red mentions, a much smaller lemonade stand. My mother-in-law thinks it's due to me leaving the church I'm sure. :roll: Whatevs... We've had the most successful and fun years of our life since we left.

Luther Heggs

Post by Luther Heggs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Awake - I never deleted you - I think we just did our communications on NOM, via email or on The SpringersNOM private FB group. I'm just glad you are ok. I'm old enough to have lost too many friends to that beast. Easier for me to help out with a BBQ or do a lunch now that I live downtown full-time. You must have been diagnosed not too long after our concert last year. Anyway, so I shorten this thread jack - be well, be happy.
Lies are lies even if you believe them or think you are doing something moral - they are still lies.