Can guests view this post

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Corsair

Can guests view this post

Post by Corsair » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:29 am

I want to test if guests can see what is in the post. I sure wish George R. R. Martin would get the next book written.

Corsair

Re: Can guests view this post

Post by Corsair » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:30 am

Yes, they can view the post, but not comment.

The moderator interjects!

testmod

Post by testmod » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Let's see what this post does

azflyer

Post by azflyer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Corsair wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:29 am
I sure wish George R. R. Martin would get the next book written.
That makes two of us...

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

azflyer wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Corsair wrote:
That makes two of us...
Martin hinted that Book 6 would be in 2017. Luckily, Season 7 and 8 of GoT will finish the series on television.

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Corsair wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm
azflyer wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Corsair wrote:
That makes two of us...
Martin hinted that Book 6 would be in 2017. Luckily, Season 7 and 8 of GoT will finish the series on television.
I don't watch the show, and it's been so long since I read the books that I feel like I would need to re-read the whole series to enjoy book six. Consequently, I'll probably wait another a decade for the Brandon Sanderson-penned book seven and then read them all then. :lol:

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Enoch Witty wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm
I don't watch the show, and it's been so long since I read the books that I feel like I would need to re-read the whole series to enjoy book six. Consequently, I'll probably wait another a decade for the Brandon Sanderson-penned book seven and then read them all then. :lol:
This is a real concern among fans of the books. My younger brother is actually a real life friend of Brandon Sanderson and does speak well of him as a genuinely kind person. Sanderson appears to have a realistic and very professional attitude about his writing career. The fact the he was given critical acclaim after finishing Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series speaks well of his talents. While I am not hoping to see Sanderson continue this "literal" ghostwriting career with "A Song of Fire and Ice", it still leaves me with some hope should GRRM pass on without finishing the series.

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Corsair wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm
Enoch Witty wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm
This is a real concern among fans of the books. My younger brother is actually a real life friend of Brandon Sanderson and does speak well of him as a genuinely kind person. Sanderson appears to have a realistic and very professional attitude about his writing career. The fact the he was given critical acclaim after finishing Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series speaks well of his talents. While I am not hoping to see Sanderson continue this "literal" ghostwriting career with "A Song of Fire and Ice", it still leaves me with some hope should GRRM pass on without finishing the series.
My BIL gifted me Mistborn for Christmas and I'm currently reading it and loving it, so I'm not especially concerned. I didn't make it past Wheel of Time book four, so I don't know how well BS mimicked Robert Jordan's style, but he seems good 400-something pages into my first book of his. I'd much rather see another writer (BS or otherwise) finish the series than just have it go down as a great, forever-unfinished series. It seems to me that GRRM doesn't have much interest in finishing his series himself.