Just saying hello

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Giant Sloth

Just saying hello

Post by Giant Sloth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:56 am

I was sad to see the old site had gone down. It contained something of a "journal" of my faith transition. But, I'm glad y'all have restarted. This is a great resource.

I wasn't really active on the old board when it went down, and I probably won't really be active on this one, but just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best.

By way of update, the sloth family has fully left the church save for resigning, which may or may not ever happen. Our families are coming to terms with it and have been very respectful so far, though Mrs. Sloth's family do not know how far out we actually are. And, just last month, we welcomed a new, baby sloth into the family. Our first. He will not receive a name and blessing in our ward. We might do some sort of non-traditional blessing-type ceremony with our families, but he will not be a child of record, and we do not plan to baptize him. I believe he will grow up without the church to be a decent person, probably about as good as he would have been otherwise, but hopefully with less guilt and emotional baggage. I think that once I die, we will never see each other again. While that's a sad idea to me, it makes our time together here so much more valuable and meaningful.

Best to everyone and thanks so much for all the support you gave me during my transition.

Corsair

Re: Just saying hello

Post by Corsair » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:53 pm

We're so glad you checked in. It's always good to hear of a family moving along together.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Congratulations on Baby Sloth, GS! It's so good to see you again - I hope you post often and keep us updated on the baby and your journey. Few things are as liberating as being 'out' of the church, and I am happy for you.
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks for Slothening the joint up again!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:11 am

Go for one of these out in the veldt:

just insert baby sloth or lion cub.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?