I want it to be over.

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
zim35

I want it to be over.

Post by zim35 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:48 pm

New here and incredibly angry!

Meilingkie

Re: I want it to be over.

Post by Meilingkie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:57 pm

It´s burning hot, painful and everything you can describe and more.
And it will get better, but that can take years.

Take care, look around and read.
Take it slow, and you will get through this.
For me it´s the hardest thing I have ever done.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Fifi de la Vergne

Post by Fifi de la Vergne » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Welcome to NOM, zim35. We would love to hear your story -- you'll probably find a lot of people who can empathize.
Joy is the emotional expression of the courageous Yes to one's own true being.

NotKeepingQuiet

Post by NotKeepingQuiet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:28 pm

For the most part, the anger dissipates after awhile. It's so incredibly helpful to cross this ocean with good NOM shipmates.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:16 pm

Welcome to the family, zim35 - I hope you're tell us a bit about your story, as time permits and as you're comfortable.

We get the anger - and I am so sorry for the pain and trauma you're going through. As Meilingkie said, it takes a while, and each person has a unique situation (family, work situation, married, single) to navigate.

This is a wonderful and supportive group - please feel at home here!
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:42 pm

Sending love to our new villager. Welcome officially to the ward. It does get better but there are days that it will not feel that way.

Go slow. Treat yourself and loved ones with kindness and be gentle. It isn't the end of the world.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:49 pm

zim35 wrote:New here and incredibly angry!
Yes, the angry phase seems to linger like the smell of sweaty gym socks in the back seat of you car. It's like you were shuffled into crazy land and everyone around you is claiming that clearly you are in the wrong while you see the silliness inherent in the system. Let us know what things you have seen and how your friends and family have reacted.

chesteridaho

Post by chesteridaho » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

Welcome to the village.

zim35

Post by zim35 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

I had a serious medical condition that I survived and I'm so tired of everyone telling me that "I'm here for a reason" or that "it wasn't my time to go". I've started telling people that say it was a miracle that the real miracle would have been if God hadn't been playing the back nine so he could have stopped it from happening in the first place! I'm tired of everyone hijacking my story to validate and feel better about their insane views!!!

On the upside, I was amazed at how many of you welcomed me here! Thank you.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:49 am

We do hope you feel welcome. This Ward has many intelligent and loving members. I too have felt many, perhaps some of the same emotions. Please introduce yourself in more detail if you want. I am not one to talk about intros because I need to do it again, I joined NOM 1.0 last January. I was lost when the board disappeared a few months ago.

Commando was angry....still am... some may describe it as hostile. I gave everything to the tscc, time, family, money, loyalty to a fault and identity. For what? It certainly wasn't for the Building of any Kingdom that resembles a church of Jesus Christ.

I belong to the Phoenix Nom Ward. Always hear to listen.

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:15 am

I'm glad you pulled through but sorry you are in mental pain. I can commiserate although I have not been in a life threatening situation.

You'll find that the people on this forum are genuine and are here for you so please know you're not alone.
AzCommando wrote:This Ward has many intelligent and loving members.
I would say that I fall into the loving category haha.
I have dished out stupid saying as TBM and have been on the other painful end.

This past weekend I found out I wasn't selected to interview for a dream job(that would propel my independence). I couldn't help but push back on anyone who said it wasn't meant to be, that God had other plans, or that it was fate. I said firmly that it wasn't any of those things. My hard work will mix with chance to decide my "fate". I will keep moving forward (such a great mantra don't you think?).

Again, glad you are here and decided to speak up. Time is a huge part of the process but we are here to help until you get there.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

slk

Post by slk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:01 am

I think we all want it to be over...Glad you are doing better healthwise. You have lots of friends here.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am

Sorry Zim35, it was me who was golfing with God when you went through your stuff. He's a great competitor but all he kept complaining about was how tired he was from punishing all of his children who weren't following his favorite son. He was pretty worn out with all the famines, earthquakes, and tragedies he had inflicted on us humans.

He also complained he was tired of meeting with the Mormon leadership because they weren't listening. He complained that they were bastardizing his name and reputation.

On the 17th hole, God shanked it so far to the left that I thought we was going to get angry and cause the earth to shake. Instead he decides to take par and rest for the hole. I tried to calm him down and offered to wash his balls but he said that was Satan's job.

I beat him by two strokes and thought he was going to buy me lunch afterwards since that was our covenant promise if I won. He didn't.

God's a sore loser!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am

zim35 wrote:I've started telling people that say it was a miracle that the real miracle would have been if God hadn't been playing the back nine so he could have stopped it from happening in the first place!
Huge point.

My daughter recently came out well after a major accident and, of course, there all these faith promoting stories and testimonies about all the ways in which God took care of her after it happened. My response is the same as yours, "where was he before it happened?".
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

zim35

Post by zim35 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks everyone for your comments. Hearing all the ridiculous beliefs of TBMS all day long makes me take a funny, humorous take on it. That's the only way I can connect it in my head and not be horrified by the way they see the world. I laughed so hard at RedRyders comment on golfing with God! Humor really is the best medicine.

I'm a dad. I'm from Salt (f******) Lake. Divorced (Hurray!) I was raised in a mormon family (Nazi mormons) I'm really close to resigning from the church. (Need to talk to my kids first). The rest of my family can choke on my resignation if they choose. I actually think I have some family that feel the same way I do. (Mind blowing)

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm glad you found NOM, zim35. I hope it will be a useful place for you to process the weirdness.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."