Nice to meet you!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Hagoth

Nice to meet you!

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm glad to see the Introductions forum is back. Since we don't have our old introductions anymore it would be nice to have people write a brief recap of their story.

What do you think?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

LSOF

Re: Nice to meet you!

Post by LSOF » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Good idea. I'll do it when I have time.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Guess I'll go first.... I first landed on NOM in Feb 2012. I had issues with the church starting back in my seminary days. As issues would come up I would shelve them. I never realized how packed it was getting nor even had a clue there was a shelf. Fast forward to many years to count I found my self newly laid off when the law firm I worked at closed several divisions. I was home alone in my basement filing out online applications and decided to take a break and check the news. Low and behold I saw an update on Mark Hoffman. I remembered him from the news years ago but didn't know much about him. About two clicks into the article my shelf shattered as I read how the Prophet was conned. I describe the experience like being a fish out of water, laying on my basement floor, gasping for water. The loudest sound that made no sound at all.

April 2015 brought my resignation letter in the mail. Though I'm doing the happy dance now it was never an easy road. The easy part was realizing the church was not what I thought it was. The hard part was the process of deprogramming and physically leaving. In the end my choice was the right one for me. My TBM DH could not handle my disaffection nor could I handle his affair that came to light after I told him about the church. By 2014 we were divorced. Of my boat load of children all have disaffected from the church but two. It is the pain in the remaining two eyes for me I still can't erase from my mind. My 8 year old TBM grandson once said to me, "Grandma we are praying for you," At the time it hurt. Now I can say, "Thank you, your prayers must be working! I am happier than I have been in a long time."

Sorry this is so long... but how do you condense a lifetime into a few paragraphs? I suppose I don't qualify to remain on NOM. I am not seeking a middle way, don't have issues with a TBM spouse and have come to a peaceful end to my disaffection from the church, therefore I hope you don't mind me sticking around. Though our journey's are all different we share a common bond which is why I think of NOM as home.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

hiding in plain sight

Post by hiding in plain sight » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 am

SeeNoEvil wrote: I suppose I don't qualify to remain on NOM. I am not seeking a middle way, don't have issues with a TBM spouse and have come to a peaceful end to my disaffection from the church, therefore I hope you don't mind me sticking around. Though our journey's are all different we share a common bond which is why I think of NOM as home.
Thank you so much for sharing your story. And please stick around. It is those who have already gone through many steps of a new faith journey that are the most helpful to those who are just starting to wake up. And as you said, it is never easy. But having people around you who can understand at least eases the burden, even a little bit.

blind_nom_ore

Post by blind_nom_ore » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:35 am

I suggest each intro go in it's own post. Also, you MAY be able to find your post in https://web.archive.org/web/20160627051 ... 548aff70ee
then you could just copy and past it here. :)

Edit: only the first 5 pages are available...so if you're a REALLY OLD Nom, you may be there.

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:06 am

HIPS thanks! It is good to see you back on board. Thanks for catching us up on your journey (which I read on another thread). You are lucky to have such a wonderful and understanding wife. And congrats on the addition to your family. My GS is getting married this summer.... I held my breath when I asked where..... it's at a country club!!! wheeew!

blind_nom_ore the wayback machine link was most helpful except it didn't go back to 2012. Do you have the links to the rest of the board index?
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

Notchet

Post by Notchet » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Good to see you posting again, SeeNoEvil. Hope you are well. The St. Judas' meetup is still going strong. Stop in if you are ever back in your former neck of the woods.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned" Richard Feynman