I'm here to listen and learn

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Hagoth

Re: I'm here to listen and learn

Post by Hagoth » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am

Vlad the Emailer wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 am
To me, all that is saying is that you're okay with living in denial.
Bingo. Which is actually the new tack they are taking. Don't think about it. If you do think about it ask God to give you sufficient remorse that you won't make that mistake again. Head, sand....go!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Let's give Leo a break here guys.

Sometimes it's ok to follow the emotions and ignore the obvious. After all, we weren't there and can't really know for sure if it was all about the sex. It appears sex was involved but not 2018 creepy religious leader sex. Just spiritually defining, God supported and ordained 1830's sex. You know, the ok religious kind regardless of age?

Besides, what if God really commanded JS to have sex with all these women? Wouldn't we have to believe all of it if we conclude Joseph Smith was a Prophet?

Start from the top. If the answer is Joseph Smith was a prophet and restored the church of Christ, then the details and denials don't matter. That is the answer.

We've got to stop looking for evidence of truth and proving it to be true for us to believe again. We just have to feelz good about it, find what we like, and ignore the genital warts.

Isn't that how it works Leo?
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Sorry, I didn't intend to go off the rails with this (WTFluff made me do it!). If you want to keep discussing it I will be happy to move it to another topic.
Ha! I'm absolutely giddy that I was able to be a "bad influence" on the Chief.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

Who taught you how to hate?

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:01 am

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Sorry, I didn't intend to go off the rails with this (WTFluff made me do it!). If you want to keep discussing it I will be happy to move it to another topic.
Ha! I'm absolutely giddy that I was able to be a "bad influence" on the Chief.
You disturbed my fluff.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain