Hello Again

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
misterfake371

Hello Again

Post by misterfake371 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi everyone. I participated a little on the old NOM board a couple of years ago as "Telemoonka." My brother in real life posted as "Monomo." Um... I have a blog called "Reasons to Stay LDS (even though you don't believe in the Church anymore)" There are donate buttons on that thing but don't donate. I need to delete those donation buttons. They don't work anyway. I'll get around to doing that sometime. Oh yeah and I have a youtube channel called "Ben's Poetry Channel." I probably shouldn't share that but what the heck, I will anyway.

I write poems and record myself reading them and put them on Youtube. Some of them have to do with religion and spirituality. One of them is called "A Reading Recommendation" and it's about the Bible. That poem was started in a library on a P-day on my mission in 2003, or maybe 2004. Another one is called "About Divinity" and it's about uh... the tension between organized religion and private spirituality, I guess. I criticize the Church a little in that poem, but not directly... uh... I criticize it through parables. LOL. I just posted another poem tonight called "Flowers in the Gardens of the Spirit World." One night a couple of years ago I stayed up late on the computer and read people's accounts of their near-death experiences. Some of those people who claim to have those experiences are crazy, some of them are con artists, but some I think are honest and good people. So some lady said that after she died she went to a beautiful place where there were beautiful happy flowers everywhere. It sounded nice, and it inspired me to write a poem.

I'm 36, I have 4 kids, a wonderful wife who is juicing lemons as I type, and many blessings that have come from Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the Church and all the positive things it has done for me. I love Jesus Christ and I believe that he's real and he's my Savior. I lost my literal testimony of the Church and Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and etc. in 2012, but uh... I still go to Church every Sunday, and I pay tithing, I baptized my oldest daughter a year ago, and just last month I went ministering... it's amazing. In all these years, none of the TBMs have noticed that my countenance has fallen. LOL.

I remember some of the posters on here, and it's nice to see you guys again. Meeting you in real life would be a lot better, for sure, but real life is so inconvenient.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13

Hagoth

Re: Hello Again

Post by Hagoth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Telemoonka! I remember you and your brother. Great to hear from you again!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Re: Hello Again

Post by Corsair » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 pm

We are glad you showed up. It's always good to see a familiar face.