Deja vu all over again

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
SoJo

Deja vu all over again

Post by SoJo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am

I was poking around the innerwebs and decided to search NOM, and... Viola! I had no idea that a new NOM was back up and running!

Just to refresh; I'm Chris. 55 years young. Living in South Jordan, UT. the past 9 years. Myself, DW, DD and DS are all out. Haven't been to a ward meeting since 2004 (did go to a couple farewells for nephews). DW officially resigned 2017 and I just resigned this past December.

DW did loads of church research in the late '90's, shared it with me. Prayed, fasted, went to the temple, discussed, discussed with MIL & FIL (both out), came to a clear understanding that it's all BS.

My In-Laws and ALL their children, grand-children, great-grand-children are all out. My father and all 7 siblings are all in.

I've often stated that; "if the church met my needs as a social organization, I could continue to attend." But it doesn't, and I can't. Too much hypocrisy, back-stabbing, lying, cheating, stealing, abuse, etc.

So yeah, happy to be here. Nice to see you!

hiding in plain sight

Re: Deja vu all over again

Post by hiding in plain sight » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 am

Good to see you sojo.

What an amazing journey with so many coming along and waking up.

How is the relationship with your father and siblings since they are still in?

I have 4 kids of which 3 are out with their spouses and 3 grandchildren. Who would have guessed.

But my wife continues to be TBM and is the current RSP. But she only holds to a few truth claims of the church it is much more about the community works for her. We no longer live in Utah, which helps a lot.

All the best.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Sojo! I was thinking about you recently and wondering what happened to you. You bring back lots of great memories of our food court lunches.

So great to hear from you again.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am
Hi Sojo! I was thinking about you recently and wondering what happened to you. You bring back lots of great memories of our food court lunches.

What he said. ^
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

SoJo

Post by SoJo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:53 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 am

Yes! We need to organize a lunch... soon! I'd love to catch up with everyone.

SoJo

Post by SoJo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:58 am

hiding in plain sight wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 am
Good to see you sojo.

What an amazing journey with so many coming along and waking up.

How is the relationship with your father and siblings since they are still in?

I have 4 kids of which 3 are out with their spouses and 3 grandchildren. Who would have guessed.

But my wife continues to be TBM and is the current RSP. But she only holds to a few truth claims of the church it is much more about the community works for her. We no longer live in Utah, which helps a lot.

All the best.
I don't talk at all about church with Dad and the sibs. I'm pretty sure they know I'm not "active", but I don't believe they know I've officially resigned. One of my bros was in a bishopric until last year. I believe he kept tabs on me (somehow) through whatever systems they use. I resigned after he was out of the trio.
My youngest bro has been living in sin for about 12 years, doesn't attend, but continues to be very preachy and defensive about all things church. Go figure.