Just checking in

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Nonny

Just checking in

Post by Nonny » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 pm

I just noticed I am due for my 100th post, so I’m putting this here to make it memorable. That is after being a NOM for 13(?) years or so and probably 2000+ previous posts on the old boards.

I am at such a peaceful place in my faith journey right now. Still attending church weekly and have a simple calling. Still don’t talk to dh about my change of beliefs. Still don’t associate with a support group for nonbelievers. I have let go of so much religious control that pretty much everything said in or about the LDS church just washes right over me.

I still keep coming back to NOM as a lurker though. Why? NOMs have interesting opinions and questions, and I still want to know how each of you is surviving or thriving.

Carry on.

Red Ryder

Re: Just checking in

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Nonny you are a beautiful soul!

I've enjoyed your posts over the years on the old board and have come to the same place in my journey. Things don't seem to get under my skin as much and yet I can't look away from this train wreck.

Thanks for your participation and perspective. I hope you and your DH can find like terms and love each other regardless of belief.

Congrats on 100!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks Red. And thanks for keeping this forum going.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:16 pm

Nonny wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm
Thanks Red. And thanks for keeping this forum going.
Don't thank me! Thank the universe for Pirates!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Yes, thanks to the pirate as well. It also takes people to post to keep the board running, so don’t underestimate your contribution.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Nonny wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 pm
I am at such a peaceful place in my faith journey right now. Still attending church weekly and have a simple calling. Still don’t talk to dh about my change of beliefs. Still don’t associate with a support group for nonbelievers. I have let go of so much religious control that pretty much everything said in or about the LDS church just washes right over me.
I don't know how you folks do this. Once I figured out all the lies I was being fed, I couldn't get through meetings without grinding the enamel off my teeth. It felt like I was slowly dying on the inside...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:59 pm

I’m sorry for your pain fluff. I had many a tearful, angry, anxious or irate afternoon after attending church. On a few occasions I walked out In the middle of the service even.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Nonny wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:59 pm
’m sorry for your pain fluff. I had many a tearful, angry, anxious or irate afternoon after attending church. On a few occasions I walked out In the middle of the service even.
Well, I haven't attended for a few years now, so things are better. :mrgreen:

When I get roped into attending for some family event though... The grinding of the teeth, and the rolling of the eyes... My eye and jaw muscles get sore.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks for the report, Nonny. It's good to know you're around.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

misterfake371

Post by misterfake371 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Have you heard that song by the Violent Femmes that goes "Hey Nonny Nonnny" over and over and over? I love that song!
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13

Emower

Post by Emower » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Sounds like a long time on the inside. I hope it's not too lonely for you. That was the hardest part of attending for me, was feeling totally alone.