Intro

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
20/20hind

Intro

Post by 20/20hind » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:38 pm

A friend told me there was a new nom site up so now I'm back. I know a few of you from the draper harmons Sunday meet up. For those that don't know me. I found out about all the nasty stuff regarding the church in 2011 and resigned my membership in 2012.

I was raised a Mormon, went on a mission, married in the temple. The usually mormony up bringing.

My spouse is die hard TBM but we are doing pretty good by me shutting my mouth and each of us allowing the other to believe what we want:) however, I'm right, but I can only say that here.

I am very happy and content with being out. I attend sm with wife and kids to support them in their indoctrination, I mean spiritual journey.

Most people in my neighborhood know that I have resigned and still treat me well. We have some great friends in our area that don't care if I'm Mormon or atheist. My neighbors are pretty awesome. I live in the epicenter of magic valley AKA (happy valley) utah county and it's not bad at all.

My wife and I have been through some tough times because of my rejection of religion. But we pulled it off and are closer than we have ever been. We both learned to love and accept who we are as individuals. So those that are going through mixed faith issues. It can work. There was a time when I sought a divorce because of all the crazy stuff that was pressuring the marriage, In a last effort to save my marriage I decided to totally focus on listening and understanding and build what we do have in common. We are in a good place now. Sure there are still issues to work through but its much easier when we are actually talking about things without being confrontational.

Anyway that's my short story of apostasy. It's been a crazy 5 years. I'm much happier and healthier after excommunicating the church from my life.
Last edited by 20/20hind on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AzCommando

Re: Intro

Post by AzCommando » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

20/20hind wrote: Anyway that's my short story of apostasy. It's been a crazy 5 years. I'm much happier and healthier after excommunicating the church from my life.
Welcome back. Actually you have belonged longer than me. I was on the old site for 8 months before the darkness. :)

Is that Magic Valley as in Idaho? We probably share some things in common regardless, and by the way, there are some miracle workers that brought the sight back to life, Right here in Arizona.

When you excommunicated the church, did you hold a "court of love"?

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Welcome back 2020. IDK where I will end up with the COJCOLDS. Lately it has been a total roller-coaster. Some days I feel I can do it temple recommend and all for the long haul. Other days I feel like I will have to end it soon. DW is mostly TBM and every time I think she is getting more nuanced she says something to make me realize she is still 90% in.

It is good to know that some have made it work, even when not on the same page. I am always jealous of those who leave together or atleast agree to explore all the details together, even if they stay.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:27 pm

AzCommando wrote:
20/20hind wrote: Anyway that's my short story of apostasy. It's been a crazy 5 years. I'm much happier and healthier after excommunicating the church from my life.
Welcome back. Actually you have belonged longer than me. I was on the old site for 8 months before the darkness. :)

Is that Magic Valley as in Idaho? We probably share some things in common regardless, and by the way, there are some miracle workers that brought the sight back to life, Right here in Arizona.

When you excommunicated the church, did you hold a "court of love"?

I call utah county "magic valley" because most people here are magical thinkers. You know the type..

As far as the court of love, the only thing i did was have a beer (ok maybe a few) to celebrate.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:30 pm

MalcolmVillager wrote:Welcome back 2020. IDK where I will end up with the COJCOLDS. Lately it has been a total roller-coaster. Some days I feel I can do it temple recommend and all for the long haul. Other days I feel like I will have to end it soon. DW is mostly TBM and every time I think she is getting more nuanced she says something to make me realize she is still 90% in.

It is good to know that some have made it work, even when not on the same page. I am always jealous of those who leave together or atleast agree to explore all the details together, even if they stay.
Its tough because with mormonism its a all in or all out type of thing. Walking the middle road just seemed impossible for me mentally. Its really crazy but i actually enjoy going to church with my wife because it never fails to remind me of why i left:)

And they leave me alone. I have a friend who goes to ward council and some people have asked how they can get me active again (not knowing that im not a member anymore). The bishop just tells them to leave me alone and dont talk to me about church, he tells them just to be a good friend and neighbor, its nice having someone on the inside telling me this stuff.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 am

20/20hind wrote:I am very happy and content with being out. I attend sm with wife and kids to support them in their indoctrination, I mean spiritual journey.
This is one of the things that keeps me attending church with my believing wife. I want to be on top of whatever silliness is being inflicted upon my children. I am carefully guiding my children out of the church or to at least being liberal believers. It's working so far although the real test will be when one daughter heads to college next year. I'll see how or if her church activity changes.

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 am

Corsair wrote:
20/20hind wrote:I am very happy and content with being out. I attend sm with wife and kids to support them in their indoctrination, I mean spiritual journey.
This is one of the things that keeps me attending church with my believing wife. I want to be on top of whatever silliness is being inflicted upon my children. I am carefully guiding my children out of the church or to at least being liberal believers. It's working so far although the real test will be when one daughter heads to college next year. I'll see how or if her church activity changes.[/quote

It does help being in the loop of what crazy things are being taught. Just recently my son was taught the seed of Cain thing and I put an abrupt end to that B.S.

Newme

Post by Newme » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:51 am

20/20hind wrote:My wife and I have been through some tough times because of my rejection of religion. But we pulled it off and are closer than we have ever been. We both learned to love and accept who we are as individuals. So those that are going through mixed faith issues. It can work. There was a time when I sought a divorce because of all the crazy stuff that was pressuring the marriage, In a last effort to save my marriage I decided to totally focus on listening and understanding and build what we do have in common. We are in a good place now. Sure there are still issues to work through but its much easier when we are actually talking about things without being confrontational.
Great approach.

I may have seen you at the Draper meet up - but it's been a while.

Stig

Post by Stig » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Good to see you got my message 20/20 ;) . Welcome aboard.
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”