Interloper here!

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
MrsGeorgeMiller

Interloper here!

Post by MrsGeorgeMiller » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:20 am

Hi, all. Many of you probably know my husband, the prolific dude running around in here known as George Miller. I'm so incredibly happy he has reconnected with you all! He truly has always loved this community. Given his latest zeal on the net, I thought I'd hop on over and say hello. He's been trying to tell me about all the stuff he's posting these days, but he gets so excited that sometimes I have a hard time following it all. Now I can read up at my own pace! ;)

As for me, I can kind of sum up where I am in my faith with the following two quotes:

Some people are rods, some people are liahonas.
All those who wander are not lost.

I look forward to getting to know each of you and discussing topics when I can. I don't have nearly the same amount of Mormon-Masonic expertise as George, but I've got my own areas of expertise and more than enough support and opinions to share!
"It is the greatest honor in life to bear witness to the breadth and depth of the human spirit." ~ Me

"Some people are rods, and some people are liahonas." ~ Unknown

"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ Old Saying

FreeFallin

Re: Interloper here!

Post by FreeFallin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:22 am

Welcome MrsGeorgeMiller! It is very nice to have you here. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 am

Welcome!

NOM 2.0 can now be officially deemed a success!

Thanks for the book recommendation on the gift thread.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 am

Welcome, we look forward to hearing your areas of expertise and other things as well. :D
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 pm

And the people who are rods can hold the priesthood. ;)

Welcome!
“This is the best part of the week!” – Homer Simpson
“It’s the longest possible time before more church!” – Lisa Simpson

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:29 am

MrsGeorgeMiller wrote:I look forward to getting to know each of you and discussing topics when I can. I don't have nearly the same amount of Mormon-Masonic expertise as George, but I've got my own areas of expertise and more than enough support and opinions to share!
I am so happy to see you here! I am a long time, devoted fan of your husband's :)

It'll be great to get to know you! Welcome!

"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm so glad you joined the party Mrs.GM! Your husband has been a very important person in my journey. When I was dealing with more weirdness than I could handle I would sometimes walk out of Sunday School and call him for a special Book of Abraham lesson. Thanks for sharing him and please stick around to share your thoughts!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MrsGeorgeMiller

Post by MrsGeorgeMiller » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:17 pm

George is a very special guy. When I married him, I knew that I was going to have to share him with the world. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and to finally see for myself where all the NOM action is. We have already had many discussions at home sparked by what we've seen on the boards. Such fun!
"It is the greatest honor in life to bear witness to the breadth and depth of the human spirit." ~ Me

"Some people are rods, and some people are liahonas." ~ Unknown

"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ Old Saying