Telemoonka

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
telemoonka

Telemoonka

Post by telemoonka » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi I'm Telemoonka. I was born in the covenant, raised in the church, went on a mission, and sealed in the temple. I'm 33. I have a wife and three kids. I live in the Phoenix metropolitan area in Arizona. I lost my testimony in 2012 but have never gone inactive. Sometimes I have a temple recommend, and sometimes I don't. I teach a primary class. My wife is the choir director and the second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I'm a committed Christian and I believe that the LDS Church is a good place to transmit Christian beliefs and values and behaviors. I have an older brother named uh... well... I won't use his real name, but on the old New Order Mormon forum he went by "monomo." He has actually organized interfaithless gatherings in southern California. He's the reason I lost my testimony! LOL! I tried to bring him back into belief but he ended up convincing me about a few things, I guess. I don't participate online much, but I wanted to stop by and introduce myself. NOM has a special place in my heart because it's the only DAMU thing I've participated in, except for a few comments on Stay LDS. And... I might as well plug my blog now... I hope the moderators don't mind... It's at Reasonstostaylds.blogspot.com. One of these days I'll probably post on there again, but I've kind of lost my writing mojo lately. Anyway, thanks for reading.

moksha

Re: Telemoonka

Post by moksha » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi, Telemoonka!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:43 am

You are the one who authors the blog on staying faithful in the church without a testimony right? I enjoyed that blog a lot during the early stages of faith crisis. Your artwork is the best part of those posts! :D

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Good to hear from you again, Telemoonka! I hope we'll be hearing from your brother sometime too.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 am

telemoonka wrote:I live in the Phoenix metropolitan area in Arizona.
You live in Phoenix? We need to have lunch together!

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:14 am

Nice to see your name on the new site.

Wish I lived in the Phoenix area...... :(
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Newme

Post by Newme » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome, Telemoonka.
I jotted down a note about an inter-faith meet up in So. Ca - maybe someday I'll check it out when I'm in the area.
It sounds really good - I wish they had something like that in UT.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 am

Corsair wrote:
Hi Tele, Please join us for PHX NOM LUNCH. Corsair buys everyone lunch most times.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 am

Korihor wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Hi Tele, Please join us for PHX NOM LUNCH. Corsair buys everyone lunch most times.
By "most times" he means "free ketchup packets at Burger King". We hope you will join us despite this disappointment.

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:08 pm

When are these alleged free ketchup (catsup) packages available? I will be in Quartzsite, AZ later in the month and might want to make a road trip one morning.
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?

Evil_Bert

Post by Evil_Bert » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:24 pm

I will be in Quartzsite, AZ later in the month and might want to make a road trip one morning.
I am sorry. My in-laws spend their winters there. We got to spend a few days there and I decided that there are places that I would never live.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Zadok

Post by Zadok » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Everybody has to be somewhere. Fortunately our house has wheels, so we don't have to stay anywhere. (Which makes neighbors happy.)
If I'm a bird, why can't I fly?