Grappling with God

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
GrapplingWithGod

Grappling with God

Post by GrapplingWithGod » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello everyone!

I used to visit the old NOM forum as "Finally Free" and was so sad to see it disappear. I'm so glad that you've brought it back to life. It's a great community that needs to exist! I just wanted to officially introduce myself and say hello. I was very anguished when I first found NOM several years ago, but thankfully I've found a lot of peace since then. I completely quit church, then started up again, then quit again, then started up again, then quit. It was all very hot and cold. Now I attend off and on as I choose. I take the good and leave everything else. Also, I'm bolder at speaking out than I was. I am in the process of telling the whole story of this evolution at https://grapplingwithgod.wordpress.com/. I'm so glad NOM is back up and running. It was a very helpful and transformative place for me and I look forward to spending more time here.

-Andrea

deacon blues

Re: Grappling with God

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 am

thanks for the introduction. we are all in a different place, and we all have a different pace, but we can travel along together toward the same destination. :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Welcome Grappling.

I haven't read your blog, but I like your username.

I hope you'll spend some time amongst us and chime in sometimes.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:43 am

It's good to be aware that God cheats when it comes to one-on-one grappling, as we learn from the Old Testament Jacob. Watch your hip sockets!

Welcome (back) to NOM!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am

I feel the same way where I feel like, "I can make it work!", then "No I can't" off and on again for the last few years. I'm currently in the "no I can't" cycle. Who knows what is next.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Newme

Post by Newme » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 am

GrapplingWithGod wrote:I take the good and leave everything else.
Excellent!
That is the heart and soul of NOM which I love.
IMO, It's the best way to approach most things, really.