Kosh is back

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Kosh

Kosh is back

Post by Kosh » Mon May 30, 2022 2:11 pm

I was an active participant on the NOM message boards many years ago going by the name Kosh (back in the late 1990s when Babylon5 was first airing through around 2010?), so I have joined this new platform under the same name.

I left the church as I had a major faith crisis over doctrine and history, and some leadership decisions that demonstrated a lack of discernment, and my name was removed from the records after my divorce. Then I married a LDS lady who was sympathetic to my spiritual journey and supported my search for truth though she herself was a TBM.

I found that some of the issues no longer mattered to me as I have a more universalist view on spirituality and I appreciate the religion I was raised in and have devoted my life to. I ultimately chose to be baptized a few years ago and DW and I were sealed along with our children. However I retain my NOM views and after continuing to lurk here. I have decided to join this new message board so I can contribute on occasion.
“Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, my side, and the truth.”

Red Ryder

Re: Kosh is back

Post by Red Ryder » Tue May 31, 2022 9:29 am

Welcome back!

What’s been the biggest challenge in your situation? It sounds like you both have a healthy outlook and chose each other over church.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:52 am

Kosh wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:11 pm
I was an active participant on the NOM message boards many years ago going by the name Kosh (back in the late 1990s when Babylon5 was first airing through around 2010?), so I have joined this new platform under the same name.

I left the church as I had a major faith crisis over doctrine and history, and some leadership decisions that demonstrated a lack of discernment, and my name was removed from the records after my divorce. Then I married a LDS lady who was sympathetic to my spiritual journey and supported my search for truth though she herself was a TBM.

I found that some of the issues no longer mattered to me as I have a more universalist view on spirituality and I appreciate the religion I was raised in and have devoted my life to. I ultimately chose to be baptized a few years ago and DW and I were sealed along with our children. However I retain my NOM views and after continuing to lurk here. I have decided to join this new message board so I can contribute on occasion.
Welcome back! I remember you! It's good to see you again Kosh!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

Kosh

Post by Kosh » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:45 am

Hi StealthBishop! I remember you too. I recognize many of the names here and have met some of you at NOM gatherings or one-on-one.
“Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, my side, and the truth.”

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:00 am

Kosh wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:45 am
Hi StealthBishop! I remember you too. I recognize many of the names here and have met some of you at NOM gatherings or one-on-one.
We're so glad you are back, Kosh! We had several sci-fi aliens in the forum back then. I'm glad you're stepping up to represent for your off-world kindred. I hope we will hear a lot more from you about your journey and what you have learned from it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

annotatedbom

Post by annotatedbom » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Kosh,

I wasn't around for your first NOM days, so I don't know you, but welcome back regardless.

Yours sounds like a pretty unique situation among us NOMies, so I look forward to hearing more about your experiences and thoughts on things.

My best,
A-BoM

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 am

Kosh wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:11 pm

Kosh,
You must have been before my time on the old board. Welcome. The personal journey you describe sounds more like what NOM was originally about so I hope we will get to hear more of your perspective. Don't let us be an echo chamber.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:50 am

What an interesting story, Kosh. You predate me but I'm interested in your story, (although late to the thread) :D thanks for posting.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.