A Pleasant Surprise

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
BringEmYoung

A Pleasant Surprise

Post by BringEmYoung » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm

...to see the forums back up after being down for so long. I'm confident few remember me as I rarely posted but lurked often. I've been lurking on and off for probably 8 years or so. I've hung out at Reddit for the last while but, somehow, it doesn't quite feel like family the way this place does. Thanks to those involved in getting the forums back up!

As way of a very short introduction: I was born and bred LDS, went to Ricks, suffered a tragic loss while there which got me thinking about the big questions, lost my faith, moved back to the Pacific Northwest, joined an Episcopal church with my wife and have been there now for 3 years. I am organist there and my wife works as parish administrator. No one in our old ward asks us about it and we haven't volunteered anything. Makes for some awkward encounters.

Now back to the shadows...

Enoch Witty

Re: A Pleasant Surprise

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Great username. Organists are cool. I'm encouraging you to post. :)

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Bring em. I was the priesthood pianist in my teens. I quit my senior year in HS. Also a ricks student...up the road from my birthplace.
Please post often. I also hung out on reddit after NOM 1.0. I knew a Pirate and a Cowboy among a few others that had the abilities to raise NOM from the dead. It was Indeed a miracle. :shock:

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Welcome from another Viking!

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am

I remember you. Welcome back!
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:46 am

GoodBoy wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am
I remember you. Welcome back!
Me too...... glad you found us
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi