Back again after a long hiatus

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
True Believer

Back again after a long hiatus

Post by True Believer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm an old time member of the previous NOM board that slowly moved away from that forum, but then was quite upset when it was taken down, since I had such good memories and friendships from that old place. I don't plan on posting here quite as much as I used to a while ago, but I figured I should at least pop in and say hello from time to time.

I see a lot of old familiar names here, so much appears to be the same, with the old revolving door or new faces coming and going. For those of you who don't know me or remember me, the avatar of "True Believer" is an ironic name, since I am not a believer of much at all. It could also be referencing the mask that I wear around my family who unfortunately don't know the full extent of my heresy.

I feel like I've already processed Mormonism to the extent that I'm over my feelings of surprise, anger, anxiety or whatnot with it. I'm really not emotionally connected to the church, and don't really care all that much what happens or is happening in it.I still have family members that are very active, but other than my interactions with them, the LDS church doesn't matter to me.

FreeFallin

Re: Back again after a long hiatus

Post by FreeFallin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Very nice to see you here, TB. Always enjoyed hearing from you.

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Welcome back. Glad to hear you are over it. I hope to be there someday.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Nice to see you here. I appreciated your contributions to the discussions on the old site.

I wish the He-Man Christmas special had explored the theological implications of Christian tradition spilling over into Eternia.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Welcome back....... sounds like you are in a similar place in your FC
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Newme

Post by Newme » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:27 pm

True Believer wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm
I feel like I've already processed Mormonism to the extent that I'm over my feelings of surprise, anger, anxiety or whatnot with it. I'm really not emotionally connected to the church, and don't really care all that much what happens or is happening in it.I still have family members that are very active, but other than my interactions with them, the LDS church doesn't matter to me.
Similar here. Particularly the history - loaded, but currently not as relevant as finances and distorted teachings.

Good to have you here!