Nice to discover where y'all are hiding

If you are new to the board or simply have something new in your life, come let us know in the Introductions forum.
Random

Nice to discover where y'all are hiding

Post by Random » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm

A while back, I left NOM (kept my account in case I wanted to check in from time to time), but really soon after that NOM disappeared and never came back! Every once in a while I'd check on reddit or do an online search, and that's how I found you tonight.

I don't really need the support that you so willingly gave me back when I was learning how to buy underwear and what kind of drinks I should try, but I really like to have a place to check in and see how you guys are doing from time to time. Oh, and I'm eternally grateful for the heads-up on The Truman Show way back then.

I'll be looking for threads that explain what happened to Thayne, supposing anyone was finally able to get hold of him (I've wondered if he had died).

So glad you guys got together to create 2.0. Reddit is interesting, but so harsh.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

MalcolmVillager

Re: Nice to discover where y'all are hiding

Post by MalcolmVillager » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Welcome back. There's no place like NOM.

Agreed, there are some interesting conversations on Reddit, but it is more harsh and chaotic than NOM.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:14 am

RANDOM!!!!!!!!

Welcome back even if it's a quick hello. How the heck are you?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

LostMormon

Post by LostMormon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:23 am

Random wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm

I'll be looking for threads that explain what happened to Thayne, supposing anyone was finally able to get hold of him (I've wondered if he had died).

So glad you guys got together to create 2.0. Reddit is interesting, but so harsh.
I heard they have him locked up in one of the upper rooms of the SLC temple, where they have the temple film on an endless loop. Rumor has it that they are desperately trying to figure out the identity of Red Ryder, so they can get him reprogrammed as well, if that doesn't work, they are prepared to offer them the 2nd anointing to keep quiet.

I dunno though, seems a bit far fetched to me.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:26 pm

[/quote]

I heard they have him locked up in one of the upper rooms of the SLC temple, where they have the temple film on an endless loop.

[/quote]

Hell has been reinvented. :D

Random

Post by Random » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Truly, there's no place like NOM.

I've been doing okay. Normal ups and downs of life.
LostMormon wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:23 am
I heard they have him locked up in one of the upper rooms of the SLC temple, where they have the temple film on an endless loop. Rumor has it that they are desperately trying to figure out the identity of Red Ryder, so they can get him reprogrammed as well, if that doesn't work, they are prepared to offer them the 2nd anointing to keep quiet.

I dunno though, seems a bit far fetched to me.
:lol: (seriously need rolling on floor, laughing hysterically emoticon) Sounds like a nightmare.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm

So glad you found us, Random! Just so you know, we weren't hiding from you. We got evicted.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:15 pm

:lol:
Well, I can truthfully say that I'm glad you guys didn't whisper to each other, "Okay, she's gone! Let's close down shop and move elsewhere."

PK

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:28 pm

AzCommando wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:26 pm
I heard they have him locked up in one of the upper rooms of the SLC temple, where they have the temple film on an endless loop.

[/quote]

Hell has been reinvented. :D
[/quote]

+1
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.