It's that time of the every-other-year again

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Spiritless

Re: It's that time of the every-other-year again

Post by Spiritless » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm

I pay 0 every year and declare a full tithing. I subscribe to the pay 10 % if your surplus interpretation. I have had no surplus for several years. I have never had a bishop challenge me, but if he did, I would say it’s a full tithing. Is he going to call me a liar if n front of my wife and kids?

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:00 am

Last time I had a TR interview I had paid $0 tithing that year and declared myself a full tithe payer. I feel like I have overpaid my whole life so I have an existing balance on my account that should last for quite a while. I still have that recommend and just used it to go to a wedding last month.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

Enough

Post by Enough » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am

Spiritless wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm
I pay 0 every year and declare a full tithing. I subscribe to the pay 10 % if your surplus interpretation. I have had no surplus for several years. I have never had a bishop challenge me, but if he did, I would say it’s a full tithing. Is he going to call me a liar if n front of my wife and kids?
Yes. In fact, he might. (Has happened to me).

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:43 am

Enough wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am
Spiritless wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm
Yes. In fact, he might. (Has happened to me).
This also happened to a family member of mine where the bishop challenged them on what they made vs. paid/didn't pay. It does happen.