Did anyone here get a divorce over all of this?

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Vlad the Emailer

Re: Did anyone here get a divorce over all of this?

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Stig wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 pm
Realizing I was second place to the Church for my wife's love, and that I always would be, was a huge factor in the decision to leave my marriage.
That's where I am, but I don't know how to navigate going from loving and accepting each other as a married couple (not passionately, but genuinely) to divorce over the church. But it almost seems like the only logical and even sane course of action when one partner holds the church and it's leadership in reverence and the other holds them in contempt. She wants a church loving household and I would love to have absolutely nothing to do with the church. Just sick to death of this no win situation. Congrats to all of you that have found the guts and fortitude to move on from it.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut