New Video on Mixed-Faith relashonships

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Angel

New Video on Mixed-Faith relashonships

Post by Angel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

What does everyone think of the new video the church put out about mixed faith repalshonships?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w8i3BM ... qMlKJSx7Ia

Priorities, loyalty - a faith crisis seems to bring out what is most important to people... do you see your spouse as a person? love the person? ... or do they love the idea of being married, the idea of a belief system...
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

jfro18

Re: New Video on Mixed-Faith relashonships

Post by jfro18 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:11 pm

We've got a thread going on about this at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3663

Personally I think it's a good start in trying to keep marriages together, but as with everything else I feel like they're reacting to the problems they created long ago.

But I am also looking at it through the lens of being the non-believer. It just seems like this video focuses on the believing spouse and how great the church can be to lean on. It also picks a non-believing spouse who claims he never had a testimony, which makes it easier to dismiss his reasons for leaving.

It's a start... I'll give them a few points for that.

Angel

Re: New Video on Mixed-Faith relashonships

Post by Angel » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:21 am

Oh. thanks, I did not see it over there.

I agree, it is not a typical example of a non-believing spouse - the believer is made out to be the "victim".

I am the non-believing spouse as well. The church broke its covenant with me, the church lied to me, I am not the evil disloyal dishonest one here.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson