A New Chapter....

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Hermey

A New Chapter....

Post by Hermey » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:49 am

My wife’s mother (84) passed away in the early hours this morning. She battled cancer over the last year and it finally won. My MIL was a badass. She kept her wit, humor, and competitiveness until the very end. The pain she pushed through was immense and her daily cocktail of Fentanyl, Morphine, and Lortabs was enough to kill a horse, but only managed to barely take the edge off. Not wanting to miss anything, she was up and about until last week when her body simply broke. She was a wonderful grandma to my kids and I couldn’t have asked for a better MIL in any way. I wish her Godspeed and much happiness as she reunites with her sweetheart, her siblings and parents.

So, today marks the beginning of a new chapter in our family’s adventures in leaving Mormonism.... four down, one to go. Stay tuned.

Corsair

Re: A New Chapter....

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:04 am

Best wishes to you at this challenging time of transition.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

Condolences... And congratulations. (All at the same time. :? )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Sorry for your family on your MILs passing - I hope you guys are doing OK.

Good luck as you begin the new chapter in your journey - I'll be curious and anxious to hear how it proceeds. :)

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Peace Bro.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:42 am

Isn't it fascinating how doors open and close in our lives? Best of luck to the Hermey family and everyone on the Island of Misfit Toys. Hugs and best wishes to Mrs. Hermey!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."