Stake Calling for DW?

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Linked

Stake Calling for DW?

Post by Linked » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:09 pm

My DW got a text from the stake executive secretary to meet with a member of the stake presidency with me on Sunday. She showed me the text, but said she doesn't want a stake calling and doesn't really want to go. I couldn't help myself and said she could do whatever she wants, tell him "no thanks" to the meeting, or at the meeting tell the SP she needs time to think it over. He tried calling me a couple times last night, but she saw the number and told me it was him and that I shouldn't answer it.

We'll see what she does...
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

FiveFingerMnemonic

Re: Stake Calling for DW?

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 pm

If your wife's lack of enthusiasm for serving in a church calling could somehow become an epidemic, that's when real change will start happening. If everyone someday just threw their bricks and trowels down, the wall won't get built anymore.

Linked

Post by Linked » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 am

Well, she decided to meet with the member of the Stake Presidency. I went with her to support. It's a stake calling for something she is not remotely interested in, but she could do it and it's not a huge time sucker. She told him that she would like a couple days to think about it. He was fine with her taking some time.

I was proud of her for not just saying yes. I think she will probably accept, and I will do my best to support her decision either way.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Random

Post by Random » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm glad she said she'd think about it. I hope the answer she gives is from her heart. It really sucks to have a calling you genuinely hate, but were afraid to say "no" to.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Random wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:36 pm
I'm glad she said she'd think about it. I hope the answer she gives is from her heart. It really sucks to have a calling you genuinely hate, but were afraid to say "no" to.
Yeah, I agree. Even if she accepts it now, she can know that it was her deliberate decision and that she wasn't tricked into it or anything.

Linked

Post by Linked » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Update: DW accepted the calling