Progress in 2016…Looking Hopeful toward 2017

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
Deepthinker

Progress in 2016…Looking Hopeful toward 2017

Post by Deepthinker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 am

Like many of us I often reflect on the past year as it comes to an end. I feel like things have progressed for the better between DW and I this last year. Definitely some low valleys but our end result is that I think our relationship is in a better place than it has even been.

I feel as though I’ve woken up to starting to understand what a relationship really means since my faith transition. The church was a crutch, a gap that I felt like I used to fill in our relationship, at least in some ways.

I now crave the deeper relationship with her and have been working towards developing that between us. She’s been opening up to me more. If this life is all we have I want to make the most of it. I want to live it with her and our kids.

Bearing my new testimony earlier this month has had a significant effect on her and how she sees me now. DW used to see me as angry, depressed, and negative with anything about the church. Now she sees the positives in me since my transition. I feel like our relationship now has the potential to go beyond the church and beliefs. Here’s to hoping for that in the coming year, and to hoping each of you can work through the issues in your relationships.

Happy New Year everyone!

MoPag

Re: Progress in 2016…Looking Hopeful toward 2017

Post by MoPag » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:20 am

Deepthinker wrote: I now crave the deeper relationship with her and have been working towards developing that between us. She’s been opening up to me more. If this life is all we have I want to make the most of it. I want to live it with her and our kids.

That is beautiful. I'm glad things are working out for you guys. It's kind of ironic that disconnecting from a church that is "all about families" has actually strengthened yours.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound