Crucial conversations. Must read

Discussions about negotiating relationships between faithful LDS believers and the apostates who love them. This applies in particular to mixed-faith marriages, but relations with children, parents, siblings, friends, and ward members is very welcome.
20/20hind

Crucial conversations. Must read

Post by 20/20hind » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:46 pm

A book that I just finished for a work related training is book called Crucial Conversations -(tools for talking when stakes are high).

This book can really help when your dealing with issues in a mixed faith marriage.

I wish I would have read this 5 years ago. It would have helped alleviate 90% of my marriage issues when I became a non believer. Many of those problems where caused by my poor communication or lack of productive communication.

Silver Girl

Re: Crucial conversations. Must read

Post by Silver Girl » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:07 pm

That sounds like a great book for many situations - thanks for the recommendation!
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:47 pm

I have that book sitting on my shelf in my office at work. Same training I'm guessing. Did you get to watch the cheesy videos with it made by vitalmart? I think there was a mormon connection with Covey writing the second forward and two of the authors were LDS.

These 3 chapters were my favorite.

Chapter 5: how to make it safe to talk about almost anything.

Chapter 6: how to stay in dialogue when you're angry.

Chapter 8: how to listen when others blow up or clam up.

Overall it was a good book and easy to read and can be picked up for $20. In case you don't want to spend $20 on reddit ads, that is.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Red Ryder™ wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:47 pm
I have that book sitting on my shelf in my office at work. Same training I'm guessing. Did you get to watch the cheesy videos with it made by vitalmart? I think there was a mormon connection with Covey writing the second forward and two of the authors were LDS.

These 3 chapters were my favorite.

Chapter 5: how to make it safe to talk about almost anything.

Chapter 6: how to stay in dialogue when you're angry.

Chapter 8: how to listen when others blow up or clam up.

Overall it was a good book and easy to read and can be picked up for $20. In case you don't want to spend $20 on reddit ads, that is.

I havent watched the videos. Thanks for the heads up on being cheesy. Once i saw the into by covey i kind of figured it had mormon ties.

It gets kind of boring through some of it. But it really helped me understand what i can do to have more meaningful conversation with out coming accross as a total ass hat. Especially when talking about church stuff

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I bought this on Audible years ago. I may need to listen again.