Welcome NOM refugees to NOM 2.0

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
AllieOop

Re: Welcome NOM refugees to NOM 2.0

Post by AllieOop » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 am

A great big thank you to all those who made this happen!

THANK YOU!!!!
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

FindingTruth

Post by FindingTruth » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 am

I don't post much but I still straddle both worlds and always appreciate the insight and humor of others that travel the same path.
@RetiredMormon

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 am

We are back! Thank you, thank you, to everyone who made this possible! [*]I was very active on NOM during the last 18-24 months, but under a different name. I wanted a new start here, so I have a new name.

Red Ryder is right - we owe a huge thanks to Thayne and all others who kept NOM going for so many years - it was an oasis and a source of huge comfort and support. I am glad we now have a safe place to share thoughts, plans, questions, anger and whatever else we want to discuss here. I like the standards of participation - that was one thing that drew me to the old NOM site.

So glad to be here!

Silver Girl (SG)
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

Fifi de la Vergne

Post by Fifi de la Vergne » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:45 am

I'm an old NOM board member here under a different name, too. Don't know how to express how thankful I am for the folks who made this happen!
Joy is the emotional expression of the courageous Yes to one's own true being.

AzCommando

Post by AzCommando » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:50 am

This is beyond awesome! Thanks be given to CORSAIR, RR, HAGOTH, and anyone else. You all deserve a PAY LAY ALE and a big thank you.

I almost had to go back into therapy.....we're good now. :D

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:00 pm

YAAAAAY!!!! Hi everyone! Nothing like coming home!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

SunbeltRed

Post by SunbeltRed » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:46 pm

So glad NOM is back!!

About 3 months before the site went down I forgot my password and could not log back in and all the admin and reset emails were not working. It felt like I was in outer darkness, able to observe those in the Celestial NOM world but unable to interact with my NOM family.

Only downside is I can't access this through my work computer like the old board. But so much better mobile functionality.

Thanks for all those who set this up. I'm happy to donate to upkeep and maintenance if needed.

SBRed

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Just want to post a heartfelt thanks to all of you who have made the rebirth of the NOM forum possible.
Thank you!!!
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

hiding in plain sight

Post by hiding in plain sight » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Thank you everyone for getting NOM back up and going (V 2.0).

This place made all the difference in the world to me almost 7 years ago. I hope it can help thousands more.

LostMormon

Post by LostMormon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Impressive, I'm liking the new site, works great on my phone too! Well done thou good and faithful servants, well done. :D

The Beast

Post by The Beast » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:25 pm

NOM old pal, old chap...welcome bloody back. Thanks to all those NOMkezedik PH holders for bringing about this resurrection.
Are you on the square? Are you on the level?

alas

Post by alas » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

I guess I should chime in on this tread too. Thank you to the great guys who set up our new home. I was about to have to steal "lost's" user name cause I felt so lost.

Enough

Post by Enough » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Welcome back NOM.

Nowyoutellme

Post by Nowyoutellme » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:20 pm

SunbeltRed wrote:So glad NOM is back!!

Thanks for all those who set this up. I'm happy to donate to upkeep and maintenance if needed.

SBRed
I would be glad to help contribute as well. I think it would be a good idea to set up the ability to donate, because there may be others like me that have zero technical skills but would still like to support our new home.

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:57 pm

It feel's like coming home after a long road trip... Nice to see you all again!

I shortened my screen name and changed my avatar. (Mostly because I can't find my old one on my computer.)

I hope everyone who was here before gets contacted and has the opportunity to rejoin if they desire. Awesome people here providing much needed support.

This is the best ward in the mormonish universe!
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Culper Jr.

Post by Culper Jr. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Thank GOD this place is back! I liked ex-mo reddit okay, but NOM is much more my speed. Thanks SO much guys for starting this back up!

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:05 pm

An old penguin went waddling out one dark and windy day
Upon a keyboard he rested as he typed along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red-eyed TBMs so swell
A-plowing through the parking lot and into the Chapel

Their bosoms were on fire and their wingtips made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their quads he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they trundled by and bye
For he saw the Elders coming hard and he heard their mournful sigh

Yippie ti ooh
Yippie ti aiy
It was Red Ryder in the sky

Thanks so much to all of you for making this happen. The sharp sting of losing NOM has now been relieved. Hagoth, Corsair and Red Ryder all are jolly good fellows. Looks like there are some new people (or very old) and some who have changed their names to protect the innocent. We need to pitch a tent, start a campfire and send out an exploring party to look for coconuts, a search feature, and the old NOM archives.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

desertrat

Post by desertrat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Desertrat here. Thanks for everyone that worked to resurrect the board. I had gone completely inactive from the church and partly inactive from the last board, but still lurked regularly (on the board, not church). I'm planning to post a new introduction when I get a minute. It would be cool to have a new introduction from some of you old timers too!

notaNOM

Post by notaNOM » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:01 pm

allegedly trophywife26.2 wrote:Hey guys! Thanks for setting this up. When signing up my old username I had this weird feeling like what if my screen name was taken and someone was going to pose as me? hahahaha. Highly unlikely, but now I'm skeptical of you all being who you claim to be. :shock:

Look what the church has done to me. I trust no one.

I'm really happy to be able to insert a meme unlike reddit. Also happy about the smilies. :D
Hah!!

That's exactly what you would say if you had taken over trophywife26.2's username and were posing as her!

Now I'm skeptical of you being who you claim to be. :shock:

blind_nom_ore

Post by blind_nom_ore » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Hey! Glad to see NOM is back! Count me among those whom most probably don't recognize. I've participated rarely off and on over the last few years under names eman and blind_nom_ore. Just wanted to grab my user name before someone else did!...cause...you know...it's so poplular....[crickets]