Saxx

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Saxx

Post by Linked » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:32 pm

This is an update on a previous post on switching from garments to normal undies, linked here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1542

I have continued to switch back and forth between garments and normal undies, I always start the day with garments because I am not alert enough to break the habit, but about half the time I will end the day in normal undies. I talked to my wife about the day she lost it (my second day taking of the garments), and she didn't say anything about garments, just that she was tired and overwhelmed with kids and I had let them stay up too late in her bed and she just wanted to go to sleep. I don't thing that means it wasn't about the garments, but she wasn't willing to talk about it.

Can I just say how much more comfortable it is to have one less layer on in the summer?! It is great. And it's nice to make it clear to myself and my wife that I reject the church and its garments and temple covenants.

Last week I ordered a new pair of highly praised Saxx underwear as part of my declaration of underwear independence. I didn't talk to DW about it cause she would probably lose it, but she can see where the money goes and what happens on our Amazon account. We were talking about what I should wear for an upcoming triathlon (I am not a triathloner, just thought it would be fun), and she said, "I thought that's what the new underwear you spent too much on were for." And I said, nope, just to have. Then a few days later when they came she asked if they were comfortable, with only a little bit of accusation in her voice. I hadn't tried them yet, but she broached the subject!! I think we will get to a point where it isn't taboo to discuss anymore relatively soon! It will just be weird, because who talks about their underwear?
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Red Ryder

Re: Saxx

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Oh, I double clicked because I thought you spelled sex wrong. :lol:

Underwear transitions take time. If you think about it, not too many people in the big big world really understand this.

Most humans transition like this:

Diapers ----> Normal Underwear ----> Diapers

Most Mormons transition like this:

Diapers ----> Normal Underwear ----> Garments ----> General Contingence Garment Diapers

NOMS, Exmos, etc transition like this:

Diapers ----> Normal Underwear ----> Garments ----> Let's try everything! We can choose!

Nudists transition like this:

Diaper ----> Diaper Falls Off ----> I'm Freeeeeeeeeeeee!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm
Oh, I double clicked because I thought you spelled sex wrong. :lol
I thought you meant SEX too!

This is great news Linked! Sounds like things are moving along... any progress is good! Who would have thought we would all be here discussing underwear with a bunch of strangers on the web. Somewhere there was a thread where we discussed buying underwear, where to buy, how to, what kind, what works, what didn't, etc. People were even posting pictures of what they found. I think it was on the old NOM. I guess you could call it a bit of fun adult entertainment! lol!
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm sure the normal folk would have quickly identified Saxx as an underwear brand. It will take some time for us NOMs to catch on. I was hoping the title was about sex, but learning something new about underoos was fun, too.
~2bizE

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:25 pm

People, people, where are your minds?

I thought it was about jazz. (Is there an angel smilie? :) )

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:01 pm

MeUndies is my jam. Saxx is on my list to try.

I was thinking recently how awesome this summer is going in Phoenix with much lighter / fewer clothing. Great fitting and cooling underbritches, lightweight tshirt, shorts (above the knee, gasp!!!) and sandals. Soooo much better than last summer.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:00 pm

I often wear just the bottoms in the summer. They feel like boxers and don't have as much Masonic baggage.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Wow. These are awesome! The fit so well, and everything stays where it belongs!

I don't mind the fit of the garment bottoms most of the time, but these are like wearing nothing and getting support from it.

I'll have to try the MeUndies next.

Apoligies for the TMI...
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Giant Sloth

Post by Giant Sloth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 am

SAXX are the all-around best underwear I have tried.

And I do mean "all around".

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:28 am

Would Saxx be good for working out?
~2bizE

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am

2bizE wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:28 am
TMI time. As a TBM, I didn't do many activities where I would forego garments. I looked for ways to wear them as best I could. I would suffer some severe chaffing in between the thighs as a result. Those miserable huge seams right in the nether-region are the work of Satan himself.

Since ditching garments, my active/exercise lifestyle has improved 10 fold. I don't overheat as quickly and have virtually no chaffing.

Of course, it well known and very acceptable to not don garments for rigorous exercise, but i was trying to be a good mormon boy and it was a severe mind F*ck trying to decide when to and not to do wear them.

OK - Fast forward to modern life style. I have some Champions boxer briefs from Costco that were my first foray into heathen underwear. They are pretty good and exercizing in them isn't bad at all. I have some MeUndies and by far my favorite all-around daily use. The leg length on the MeUndies is slightly too short for my preference for rigorous exercize. I have some UnderArmor which I thought would be best for exercize but really the champions seem better than the UnderArmor. But really, I wouldn't hesitate to use to UnderAmor for exercize.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Linked

Post by Linked » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:49 am

2bizE wrote:
I have only worn them one afternoon and night so far, where I did some walking, running around with my kids, and lounging around. They were awesome for all of that. I would expect them to be fantastic for working out, I will confirm when I get the chance.

Linked

Post by Linked » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 am

Korihor wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am
2bizE wrote:
TMI time. As a TBM, I didn't do many activities where I would forego garments. I looked for ways to wear them as best I could. I would suffer some severe chaffing in between the thighs as a result. Those miserable huge seams right in the nether-region are the work of Satan himself.

Since ditching garments, my active/exercise lifestyle has improved 10 fold. I don't overheat as quickly and have virtually no chaffing.

Of course, it well known and very acceptable to not don garments for rigorous exercise, but i was trying to be a good mormon boy and it was a severe mind F*ck trying to decide when to and not to do wear them.

OK - Fast forward to modern life style. I have some Champions boxer briefs from Costco that were my first foray into heathen underwear. They are pretty good and exercizing in them isn't bad at all. I have some MeUndies and by far my favorite all-around daily use. The leg length on the MeUndies is slightly too short for my preference for rigorous exercize. I have some UnderArmor which I thought would be best for exercize but really the champions seem better than the UnderArmor. But really, I wouldn't hesitate to use to UnderAmor for exercize.
I had a pair of underarmor compression underwear and they actually made the chaffing worse for me. Ditto on the hanes boxer briefs. The garments have actually been ok for me and chaffing, but the Saxx have been in another league. The pair I got are mostly nylon with a little spandex, but they aren't too compressing. They just kind of hold to your skin without squishing your legs together, without having any noticeable seams in the area.

I just searched meundies and the paid ad was to Saxx, so Saxx must consider them competition. They look really similar as far as materials and seams. I'll have to grab a pair.