RS broadcast this Saturday night

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
crossmyheart

RS broadcast this Saturday night

Post by crossmyheart » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm

I am being bombarded with invitations to attend the ladies ice cream social and broadcast. Email, text, facebook, and personal invitation to my 10 yo DD- which went over like a lead balloon. Please don't try to bribe my child to come to church with sweets?!?!?!?! m'kay? :evil:

Anyway, sorry ladies, I have a date with NCAA football on Saturday night. BOOMER SOONER!

MalcolmVillager

Re: RS broadcast this Saturday night

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Nice. It is football season.

My DW is having a BYU roommate reunion in Midway over GC weekend.To her dismay, on of the ladies husband is a BP and got them tickets to conference. She is pissed thast they are going to go to live co ferwnce and probably watch the other sessions. At least they are going to party during PH session by going to Ryan Hamilton comedy. He is pretty funny but I am sure the Mormon homes are going to be heavy that night in SLC.

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm so glad I don't like ice cream.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Margarita

Post by Margarita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I hope no one at the game talks to you in a sweet sing song voice..or offers some ice cream...you rock! Bribing kids is what they do.

Lady_Macbeth

Post by Lady_Macbeth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:49 pm

My mom has a bunch of tickets and wanted me to come down with my daughters. I let her know immediately not to plan on us. This week she resorted to bribing the girls to come down to have sleepovers with popcorn and shopping.

No. Just no.

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 am

All this bribing going on. Women are generally more religious and wouldn't need a bribe to attend The women don't seem to be disaffecting at the same rates as men, so I'm guessing it's the faithful who need the bribing. Looks like this is a failed experiment. Of course, they'll blame the women, young women and girls and not the product.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Jeffret

Post by Jeffret » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 am

Lady_Macbeth wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:49 pm
This week she resorted to bribing the girls to come down to have sleepovers with popcorn and shopping.
Would that work?

My daughters would consider shopping a dissuasion rather than an enticement. It's something that has to be done from time to time, but only when necessary. But then my mom feels the same way, so she certainly wouldn't try that.

We've been lucky that our extended family never tried these games. I think part of the reason was because we never shared our grievances so they didn't know how to counter them. But, perhaps a bigger part is that's just how our families are.
"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
And the truth isn't what you want to see" (Charles Hart, "The Music of the Night")

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:24 pm

WCwithPam.png
WCwithPam.png (153.55 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
Hell ya I'm watchin' it! On my computer. At home. So I can start a funny thread on NOM!

I kinda wanna see how the COB is going to try and "help" the sisters. It will probably be fun...wait did I say fun?...Oh...I meant horrifying. It will probably be horrifying. Like last April when, not one, but two talks, glorified terminally ill women who were spending their remaining time on earth slaving away for the church.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound