More bad press - Mormon church instructor in McKinney faces new indecency charge in child sex case

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Can of Worms

More bad press - Mormon church instructor in McKinney faces new indecency charge in child sex case

Post by Can of Worms » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:39 pm

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” Winston Churchill

Not Buying It

Re: More bad press - Mormon church instructor in McKinney faces new indecency charge in child sex case

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:11 pm

"Children are precious, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families," the statement said. "We stand ready to offer love, emotional support and professional counseling for them. We are grateful for their courage in reporting this to law enforcement, and we support the efforts of legal authorities to ensure justice is served in these cases."
Wait a minute. This is the Church that put this guy in proximity to children. He was called - and callings come from God - to work with young children. The Church doesn’t get to wring it’s hands and be empathetic - it caused this to happen. It bears some its share of the blame. You don’t get to claim that God calls people to Primary positions then backtrack when someone you called turns out to be a child molester.

The Church owes some children and their parents a huge apology. But unfortunately the Church doesn’t apologize.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

deacon blues

Re: More bad press - Mormon church instructor in McKinney faces new indecency charge in child sex case

Post by deacon blues » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 am

Just a few miles from where I used to live, in Denton, Texas. We have kids in Fort Worth, I hope they hear about and understand the significance of this. If I tell them they may just see it as me being critical of the church.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.