Prophet Alert

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Prophet Alert

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm

THIS IS A TEST of the Celestial Wireless Emergency Alert System. Total obedience is needed.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Re: Prophet Alert

Post by Corsair » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm

This sounds like a line you would give right before you tell me you need to marry my teenage daughter.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:11 pm

I was hoping we would get a chance to vote or something with the Presidential, uh... I mean Prophet Alert.

Something along the lines of:
  • Impeach
  • Don't impeach
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

SIWL

Post by SIWL » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I have a feeling that the alert went off because the current title holder wants to prophecy more than anyone else I've seen.....Just a gut feeling (as opposed to true revelation), but I think we'll see some "prophecy" this coming weekend.
Through our eyes, the universe is perceiving itself.

For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. ~ Carl Sagan

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:07 pm

SIWL wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:13 pm
I have a feeling that the alert went off because the current title holder wants to prophecy more than anyone else I've seen.....Just a gut feeling (as opposed to true revelation), but I think we'll see some "prophecy" this coming weekend.
From what little we've heard, the process of prophesy now takes the forms of a) reviewing policy proposals from Kirton and McConkie and b) "grab a pen and paper, Wendy, a thought just popped into my head."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:07 pm
SIWL wrote:
From what little we've heard, the process of prophesy now takes the forms of a) reviewing policy proposals from Kirton and McConkie and b) "grab a pen and paper, Wendy, a thought just popped into my head."
"Now get out of the room Wendy so Jebus can talk to me!!!!"
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 am

Hagoth wrote:
SIWL wrote:
Also, try to sneak it into the handbook and hope nobody notices. After it's leaked to the public, then it becomes canonized into the the holy book of talk to the hand.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Emower

Post by Emower » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Hagoth wrote:
SIWL wrote:
"Whoa there Wendy, I dont keep pens in my pants pocket!"