Support Opportunity for Arizona NOMs

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
DPRoberts

Support Opportunity for Arizona NOMs

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:36 pm

You may have already seen this. The guy got a ton of advice and support on Reddit. In his first edit to his post he offered to buy lunch to anyone in/near East Valley AZ, and I know we have an Arizona contingent here. Red Ryder would probably have exactly the kind of experience that could help the man, but I wanted to post it here on the open board because I know RR is not the only AZ NOM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... destroyed/
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

deacon blues

Re: Support Opportunity for Arizona NOMs

Post by deacon blues » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:17 pm

The poor guy. We've all heard of bishop roulette. This made me think about TBM roulette. I got lucky. But there are some nutty TBM's out there. Maybe his wife will come to her senses. :roll:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:40 am

A year and a half ago I could have been the one writing that post. I’m happy to report that my story has turned 180 degrees the opposite direction.

However we found the ability to love each other more than we love/hate the church.

I’m one lucky son of a Mormon.

I’m also appreciative of the group of guys that have become lifelong friends that started with support lunches all those years ago. We’ve maintained a core friendship that has been invaluable to me. We still get together almost weekly in some form or fashion.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Gatorbait

Post by Gatorbait » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:43 pm

Yikes, this is terrible. I must say that the second paragraph says it all. If this church is really a Christ centered church, then this sort of thing would never ever happen. Christ was sent to the sinners, and if this lady thinks her husband is sinning, she should be working over time to show him love and support, not an ultimatum.

Yet, still and all, this marriage is toast. She will probably never trust this guy again.

I wish him good luck. This is so sad.
"Let no man count himself righteous who permits a wrong he could avert". N.N. Riddell