Palmyra, I have a problem.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Palerider

Re: Palmyra, I have a problem.

Post by Palerider » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 am

græy wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 am

I'm going to try a couple of approaches and see if I can wrap my mind around actually delivering a message I feel good about. Failing that, I may just delegate to a counselor and skip that day. If the bishop asks about it, then that's a conversation we'll have to have.
The church's truth crisis (as I like to call it) happened while I was in the bishopric. I stopped doing temple recommend interviews and passed them on to the Bishop and other counselor. This only lasted a very short time because we had been informed we were being released soon.

Immediately after our release, I was called as HP group leader and accepted because I thought maybe I could run on "hope" that the church was true but I new in my heart that it wasn't going to work.
I asked for a release within a month and finally received one. But I was passing all teaching on to my counselors and an instructor.

So I think my entire transition took about 3-4 months. Looking back if I had it to do over it would have been even shorter. I let my SP try to talk me into staying. His tactics were semi-abusive and insulting.

It's so much better just to get it over with.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Hagoth

Re: Palmyra, I have a problem.

Post by Hagoth » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:11 pm

græy wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 am
DW tolerates me occasionally venting about ward council or GD discussions, but it is largely due to her lack of understanding that I accepted this calling in the first place. One day, maybe.
Proverbial rock, meet proverbial hard place.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."