An interesting training

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Meilingkie

An interesting training

Post by Meilingkie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 am

Our stake held a training for teacher yesterday.
So all teachers were there and the stake SsPrez gave a talk about losing his testimony.
About becoming a NOM and how and why he's still in Church.
1. He has a testimony of Christ
2. His life is totally about the Church and He didn't want to risk losing it
He mentioned the realisation he was lied to by the brethren devastated him and his DW.
However the thought of his Children being in, and him being out was unsufferable.
So He sucked it up for 3 years and regained a new testimony, one of Christ.
No longer one of the Church and the Prophets.
It bowled over many people attending.
Here was a TR carrying leader, former bishop and counselor of a SP telling this in the open.
A man of very considerable means, convert and Raised in an orphanage.

Then the word was given to our emeritus professor Anthropology, a former Stakepresident to boot, who as SP and later published in Dialogue.
Who said the Church is now dying because of the bad teachings and manuals.
The Stake is hemorraging members now, from the bottom as usual due to bad retention.
However it's also losing members from the top in leadershippositions.
Bishops, high Councillors, Stakepresidents and even Authorities.
The crisis is real and deeper than many realise.
He called for us to rise up, and teach truth.
Because people don't care for the facts, but do care for truth.
Facts never hurt anyone, lies however do.
Telling lies or telling a varnished wateren down version of the facts is Lying.
And the coming generations won't stand for it.
If the Church continued this way Holland Will be reduced to just 1 stake in 2030 He Warner"d
Then He preceded to give a lecture on the various accounts of the first vision.
He then mentioned: if this makes your head spin, well when you know the rest........

And the counselor in the stakepresidency grew white and whiter till He resembled a sheet of paper.

My best buddy regaled all of this, He called me almost at midnight and said: 2 years ago I was in the stakepresidency, I never ever thought this was possible.
The Church in Holland is done for:
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

Korihor

Re: An interesting training

Post by Korihor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:49 am

please keep us posted as this develops.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

fh451

Post by fh451 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:06 am

Wow! Who woulda thought? But really, there aren't many options left. Good on him!!

fh451

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:17 am

This is so cool.

I wonder if this will ever happen where I live?
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Zack Tacorin Dos

Post by Zack Tacorin Dos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Meilingkie,

Thank you for filling us in on the goings on there. I'm shocked by this report, but favorably impressed. It takes courage to admit what has been admitted in the meeting you reported on.

I hope the LDS Church in general goes this direction sooner, rather than later. But, it's tough for the general leaders to even consider this. They have a history of denying and ignoring the truth relative to Church history, Church claims vs. science, and internal inconsistencies. Add to this the example of what happened to the Community of Christ Church (formerly Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or RLDS) as it took less literal, legalistic, and traditional interpretations of doctrine and scripture, and the general leaders of the Salt Lake City branch of the restoration are in a tight spot.

In spite of the likely fallout for admitting the truth, admitting the truth is just the right thing to do. It would empower the average member to practice what is beneficial to them. It would provide better information for members and prospective members to make choices about the Church. I think it would put a benevolent Christ back into the focus of the teachings and practices of the Church.

I don't see this happening in my life time, but I hope I'm wrong on that.

Please do keep us posted as things develop there--so interesting.

Thanks,
Zack

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:13 pm

It´s very interesting indeed, especially since the SP is a hardliner, and he wasn+t there.
This might have serious repercussions.
"Getting the Mormon out of the Church is easier than getting the Mormon out of the Ex-Mormon"

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:44 pm

This brings back some of the sadness I felt when first battling with dissent. Though I am happier now and feel free to live life, it is still hard to take. Weird because beyond some anger and sadness, walking away was pretty easy. Maybe it's just a soft spot for those who are so entrenched. Sometimes I just want the LDS people to GET IT, but I don't wish the following, inner conflict on anyone.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Wow, I have not seen any evidence of this sort of thinking in my area, but I like to imagine what it would be like to have another local NOM around to talk with.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Man, I'm not sure what to think now. Apparently Elder Ballard spoke to the Northern Europe area, and things are just peachy, and he congratulated the area for how great they're doing. Surely he wouldn't exaggerate?

https://wheatandtares.org/2017/03/09/no ... cast-2017/

What I find interesting is that he says all these great things about your area, and then talks about the dangers in people thinking bad things about prophets and the kind of thinking THAT YOUR TRAINING TURNED INTO!! Amazing. Either he's a prophet, or things aren't as rosy as they want to portray. Good thing we have people on the ground saying what's REALLY going on. Thanks for the report!
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:39 pm

This is effing amazing. It won't happen in my area for 50 years if ever though.

redjay

Post by redjay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 pm

IF the church has a future in Europe in 10 -20 years: this is it. Complete honesty, acceptance and freedom of belief and interpretation, while keeping an association within mormonism. I fear that if I was to be as open as this I would find myself marginalised pretty darn quick. Oh, and hello - first post.
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

sparky

Post by sparky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Wow, this is really amazing. I would be shocked and encouraged if something like this happened in my area, where we just had stake and ward conference with nary a whisper of anything about members leaving. Except for a brief rant against the internet by the area authority.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I find this very enlightening. This is where the church needs to go. For members to feel comfortable enough to share their NOM testimony to a group at church. A testimony of Christ and not of 15 earthly men...
~2bizE

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:35 am

Mormorrisey wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Man, I'm not sure what to think now. Apparently Elder Ballard spoke to the Northern Europe area, and things are just peachy, and he congratulated the area for how great they're doing. Surely he wouldn't exaggerate?
Northern Europe: Sweden, Norway, FInland and Denmark.
Remember the Swedish Rescue, Ballard is glossing over a great many things.

redjay

Post by redjay » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:31 am

Northern Europe also includes the UK - we watched the Northern European broadcast last week with Ballard.
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

Meilingkie

Post by Meilingkie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:53 am

UK included in Northern Europe, sorry I wasn´t aware of that.
But seems he never heard of Halstan for example, and the bishop they used to have.