Look, it's floating!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Korihor

Look, it's floating!!!

Post by Korihor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Mrs Kori is briefly away with the kids visiting family. The cousins all get-together and love it. Last night while saying goodnight on the phone, she told me a story about a situation with her sister. (Background, her sister is the last remaining TBM of the siblings, and she's a prime example of TBM)

Our son and her son were in bathtub together; playing splashing, getting ready for bed. The sister was watching them and washing/shampooing them. Our son stopped looked down and said "Look at my Pipi, it's floating!" - which elicited many childish giggles of both boys. The sister looked straight at her son and said "we don't talk about that!"

Mrs Kori was nearby and saw the episode from afar and just chuckled to herself. While the sister really wasn't mothering our kid, the shaming has begun with her own.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

MalcolmVillager

Re: Look, it's floating!!!

Post by MalcolmVillager » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Don't talk about it, don't think about it, and for heavens sake don't touch it! You'll go blind, grow hair on your palms, get addicted, become a rapist, and fall directly to hell!

Teach them whole they are young right?!

Newme

Re: Look, it's floating!!!

Post by Newme » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:44 pm

This is one of the reasons why I'm soooooooooo glad I've "seen the light" about dysfunctional habits in the church.
It seems with kids, when you shame them or tell them no - that's when you they do the opposite and can even develop addictions.
Much better to accept the human body as it is - every part - not just some.