Observations from Saturday

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Lostinmiddlemormonism2

Observations from Saturday

Post by Lostinmiddlemormonism2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:35 pm

1. With two sessions down it is a safe assumption that we will not hear a female speaker on Saturday. Unless anyone thinks we will have a female speaker at priesthood session (we won't). There hasn't been a female prayer either.

2. One of the twelve was successful in getting their boy called to the 70 today.

3. The biggest take away though is that I think resistance is having an impact.
A. The opposed votes are louder
B. The numbers in the statistical report are trending downward
C. Through two sessions, the voices of inclusion, looking out for the poor, and mentions of Christ are up, the abuse heaped upon minorities, other religious traditions, women, gays, etc. have simply not been present. Now we just ignore them.

-lost

Random

Re: Observations from Saturday

Post by Random » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Was it his boy? I thought it was his brother.

Another question I have is this: Is Elder Bragg a liar? Or was it his speech writer? Doesn't "stronger" and "more and more" mean an increase?
The church is literally stronger than it has ever been . . . as new congregations are formed ... [other stuff I didn't catch; didn't replay it].
. . .
More and more families are being sealed.
More and more people are submitting names for saving ordinances.
From what I've seen on here and elsewhere (including real life), that is not true.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Unless we're thinking of two different people.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Random wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:30 pm
Was it his boy? I thought it was his brother.

Another question I have is this: Is Elder Bragg a liar? Or was it his speech writer? Doesn't "stronger" and "more and more" mean an increase?
The church is literally stronger than it has ever been . . . as new congregations are formed ... [other stuff I didn't catch; didn't replay it].
. . .
More and more families are being sealed.
More and more people are submitting names for saving ordinances.
From what I've seen on here and elsewhere (including real life), that is not true.
Yep this quote made me laugh. Maybe he will get "most delusional award."

Great observations Lost. The opposed votes really shouted! :D I was shocked there wasn't a single sister that took the stand today either. Maybe there will be a few tomorrow.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Random

Post by Random » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Yes, the opposed votes were louder than I have ever heard them. I wondered if there were more of them.

PK