Fishing for a companion

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Fishing for a companion

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 am

In another thread it appears that Elder Stig and Elder 20/20 were mission comps! How cool is that in a smarmy Saturdays Warrior kind of way?

Wow! How cool is that? Maybe we need a fishing thread where we list out all of our companions. I wonder if the SCMC would piece it together and come after us? I'll drop my line in the cesspool waters of NOM and see who I can catch.

Elder Tanner
Elder Facer
Elder Thompson
Elder Smith
Elder Brown
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Elder Dooey

If any of you rode a bike in a white shirt and tie around the ______ mission about _____ years ago please reach out! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

20/20hind

Re: Fishing for a companion

Post by 20/20hind » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 am
In another thread it appears that Elder Stig and Elder 20/20 were mission comps! How cool is that in a smarmy Saturdays Warrior kind of way?

Wow! How cool is that? Maybe we need a fishing thread where we list out all of our companions. I wonder if the SCMC would piece it together and come after us? I'll drop my line in the cesspool waters of NOM and see who I can catch.

Elder Tanner
Elder Facer
Elder Thompson
Elder Smith
Elder Brown
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Elder Dooey

If any of you rode a bike in a white shirt and tie around the ______ mission about _____ years ago please reach out! :lol:

How we came across each other on this sub was a thread on the old nom site where you listed the mission you served in. It was crazy. I listed mine and in awhile I got a private message from stig.

I have found others that were in my mission at the same time as me on Facebook private groups. Honestly I was kind of pissed because they all figured out the church was bulls$i@ way before me. :cry:

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 am

Red Ryder wrote:

Elder Tanner
Elder Facer
Elder Thompson
Elder Smith
Elder Brown
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Elder Dooey

Seriously, how do you even remember your companion's last names? I think I've attempted to mentally block the 2-year unpaid sales gig...

Oh, wait;
Red Ryder wrote:
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Yeah, I can probably remember enough about some of my Comp's to make up some snarky names related to them.

• Elder Violin-ator (If you're a famous musician now, remember the little guys, like your former, introverted, dick-ish companion.)
  • Elder Extremely-Effeminate (Remember that time we were eating chicken-foot soup, and you literally screamed out loud when a chicken-foot popped up in your bowl? Good times!)
  • Elder Rich-Daddy (Did you take over daddy's business? If so, wanna sell me a first-aid kit?)
  • Elder Hyrum Smith (Wait... We weren't companions, just in the same apartment. How many Hyrum Smith's are there in mormondom?)

Meh. How 'bout if I just drop enough hints so that anyone "in the know" would "know"? If any of you "served" somewhere near the "equator" under President Nelson in the late 80's, please reach out!
Last edited by wtfluff on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 am

20/20hind wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 am
Red Ryder wrote:

Elder Tanner
Elder Facer
Elder Thompson
Elder Smith
Elder Brown
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Elder Dooey

How we came across each other on this sub was a thread on the old nom site where you listed the mission you served in. It was crazy. I listed mine and in awhile I got a private message from stig.

I have found others that were in my mission at the same time as me on Facebook private groups. Honestly I was kind of pissed because they all figured out the church was bulls$i@ way before me. :cry:
What?! PM me! I gotta find out who else figured it out!
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Yep! I was 20/20's trainer back in the day. He was a hard worker with a Diet Pepsi habit! :lol:
“Some say he’s wanted by the CIA and that he sleeps upside down like a Bat. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he lives in a tree, and that his sweat can be used to clean precious metals. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

Stig wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 am
20/20hind wrote:
Red Ryder wrote:

Elder Tanner
Elder Facer
Elder Thompson
Elder Smith
Elder Brown
Elder Lazy
Elder MrBator
Elder D. Bag
Elder Dooey

You wouldn't know them. You where already home enjoying your mission free life when they came to the mission.

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 am

20/20hind wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am
Stig wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 am
20/20hind wrote:

You wouldn't know them. You where already home enjoying your mission free life when they came to the mission.
Bummer.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 am

Please invite me if you guys decide to have a mini reunion!

It's been awhile Stig. Hope all is well. Oh by the way, I finally got my 3 letters. :D
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 am
Please invite me if you guys decide to have a mini reunion!

It's been awhile Stig. Hope all is well. Oh by the way, I finally got my 3 letters. :D
Congrats, man! That's great! I know how much work that is. Well done.

Vlad the Emailer

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:40 am

Mine were:
Red Ryder wrote:

Elder Watson
Elder Bell
Elder Stott
Elder Hardy
Elder Mall
Elder Barnes
Elder Lamping
Can't believe I still remember every name after so many years. Seven companions in 17 months (this was during the 18 month experiment, thank the flying spaghetti monster).

As for these guys:
Elder Lazy - okay, that was me, at least toward the end. :roll:
Elder MrBator - seriously, not me. Don't know who that was, but I never knew about it. I don't even remember anyone ever talking about that.
Elder D. Bag - he's definitely on my list. More than once, in fact. :evil:
If any of you rode a bike in a white shirt and tie around the Anaheim mission about 35 years ago please reach out!
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

w2mz

Post by w2mz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Pres Sterling (all business) or Romney (major d bag) ring any bells?
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

General Nuisance

Post by General Nuisance » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:11 pm

I was in" la mission française de l'est" ages ago when the MP was son of 1st presidency. Worked at it 32 mois, which is another story. I probably revealed too much. "They're Coming to Take Me Away" , a popular song in my day...

20/20hind

Post by 20/20hind » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Stig wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:35 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Yep! I was 20/20's trainer back in the day. He was a hard worker with a Diet Pepsi habit! :lol:
Haha. I stopped the soda. That stuff is bad for you. Now its filthy beer. But hey, im Irish, dna test confirmed. Beer drinking is in my DNA. :mrgreen:

In fact im thinking of starting a craft brewery.

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:27 pm

San Diego 86-88.
Anyone?

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:30 pm

President Alvarado--Guatemala Quetzaltenango Mission--
Anyone?Image

Random

Post by Random » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 pm

General Nuisance wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:11 pm
I was in" la mission française de l'est" ages ago when the MP was son of 1st presidency. Worked at it 32 mois, which is another story.
32 months? Wow!
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

General Nuisance

Post by General Nuisance » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Yes, 32 months..4 MPs. As I said long story...

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:53 am

Sakai dendobucho showa 53

It would be really fun to find someone who can connect to this.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am

Canada Calgary 87-89

desertrat

Post by desertrat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:20 am

General Nuisance wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 pm
Yes, 32 months..4 MPs. As I said long story...
Was this part of the polygamist French missionary debacle I've heard about?