I figured it out, why can't you?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Vlad the Emailer

Re: I figured it out, why can't you?

Post by Vlad the Emailer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:44 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm
Maybe she's saying that more for herself. Like she's tying to convince herself that your faith crisis really isn't that big. It's like a coping mechanism. She can't handle the fact that you really had a faith crisis so every time she has to confront that reality she tries to convince herself that your experience is just like hers was. That way she can delude herself into thinking its really not that bad and you will come back around.
I can't speak for TestimonyLost, but I'm thinking it's a good bet that you've hit the nail on the head.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest. - Anonymous

Say what you want about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying. - Kurt Vonnegut

Newme

Re: I figured it out, why can't you?

Post by Newme » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 pm

I'll take a turn to vent too...

It's as if some TBMs who make comments like that think that I could actually go back to think as before, as they do, but in their mind, I'm just being stupid, evil or both. They don't realize that what I see now is crystal clear - not that I know everything, but some things are undeniable. For me to deny what I now know, would be wrong - unethical, not just illogical. It's like they think I'm taking the easy way or something. In some ways it is better (less shame etc), but it can also be lonely & I wouldn't choose it if it was BS. I'm trying to do what's right - to figure things out when so much has been twisted but most have come to see the twisted as normal.

VvladEmailer, just read your sig quotes - good ones.