Better Things

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
shadow

Better Things

Post by shadow » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 am

I've been watching Better Things on FX. I generally like the show. Pamela Adlon is funny and it's hard to go wrong when Louis CK is involved. Bottom line, I recommend the show. The basic premise of the show is that Pamela Adlon is a single mom with 3 daughter in LA.

The reason that I'm posting about it here is that I just caught last episode. It's a whole mormon themed episode! In it, Sam (Pamela Adlon's character) has an interaction with a mormon family. Her daughter has a play date with a girl from school, Mormon Morgan. Sam is not a fan of mormons. She doesn't believe in God and isn't really down with the whole gay hating, racist ways of mormons. But, she agrees to go to church. A lot of it is very on the nose. There is even a bit about why mormons don't use the cross.

I won't spoil the ending, but the mormon character ends up being humanized in a way that may resonate at least a little with members of this board. I watched it on my morning commute and had to really reign myself in lest I become the crazy person on the bus laughing hysterically to himself.
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry

shadow

Re: Better Things

Post by shadow » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:07 am

http://www.fxnetworks.com/video/789853763796

It looks like you might be able to watch one episode even if you don't have a cable subscription that lets you in.
"Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creates to the feast of Creation." --Wendell Berry