Building a Bridge

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Abinidied

Re: Building a Bridge

Post by Abinidied » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:39 pm
It's an actual book. You can find it on Audible and listen to it too. Obviously the author drops the F bomb a lot so be warned if sensitive ears are around.

O.K. I confess. I've used the F bomb recently (like meat: sparingly as I doubt it's over use would add much nutritional value to my already nutrient rich bones and healthy naval) :D

If in a small mormon town, my advice is to be the fun loving guy everyone wants to be around who doesn't wear religion on your sleeve. If that's 180 degrees opposite of your normal personality then you know where to begin working! :lol:
Love this!
For many years, I was an outside-the-box kind of guy (in fact, half the time I couldn't find the box! Your comment reminds me how important it is to not turn into this moody dark thing that everybody hates to be around that only qualifies in their minds that I am a miserable, slithering creature of the darkness destined to destroy them if I get too close.
Repost your edits and we can continue to give feedback.
Sorry for my lack of perception, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean here - repost as a new thread?
Cum omnia defecerunt, ludere mortuis. (When all else fails, play dead.)
--Red Green

redjay

Post by redjay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am

[/quote]

"I just want you to know that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt the zebra is true. Why don't you come back out to church next Sunday?"

"Great! I'll bring my elephant. His name is Francis and he's gay."

[/quote]

I thought your analogy was was brilliant. I'm also delighted that you have not got major negative fallout as you have transitioned - at least that's the way it seems.
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

Abinidied wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am
Repost your edits and we can continue to give feedback.
Sorry for my lack of perception, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean here - repost as a new thread?
I just meant post your revised letter here in this thread if you want additional feedback.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

GoodBoy

Post by GoodBoy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:54 am

Just a late note to say that I empathize with your plight. I have almost posted something to Facebook many times and have decided against it in the end.

My home teachers came over and tried to pry it out of me why I haven't been attending church and I just said that it wasn't something that we were going to agree on and that I liked them and would prefer to not damage our relationship, then I tried to change the subject. It ended up being a bit awkward, but we were still friends when they left.
Always been the good kid, but I wanted to know more, and to find and test truth.

Abinidied

Post by Abinidied » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 pm

redjay wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am
I thought your analogy was was brilliant. I'm also delighted that you have not got major negative fallout as you have transitioned - at least that's the way it seems.
Humble thanks. And you are correct. My transition has been shockingly easy given I live smack in the middle of a Deseret hive. I was VERY active from the time I was a young pupa until all my kids left home finding their own way out. Not one of my kids (4) or their spouses are active and I had nothing to do with it. In fact, in spite of my own doubts I tried a mighty try to keep them lock stepping to the correlated march down the tithing brick road. That's a sheesh and a half I regret. Thankfully, they get it and don't hold it against me until they need some money or babysitter for the weekend. :D
Cum omnia defecerunt, ludere mortuis. (When all else fails, play dead.)
--Red Green