AWARDs: "Condescending" and "Homophobic" in General NOMfrence

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

AWARDs: "Condescending" and "Homophobic" in General NOMfrence

Post by MoPag » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 pm

AND THE WINNER IS:

D. TODD!!!!!
DToddsAward.png

Good call on that shirt RR! He looks great!

Okay so this was one of those things where I thought I heard him directly attack gay marriage when I first heard this hot, hot mess of a talk, but going back and reading it, it was a fairly veiled attack. Here is the quote:
Deseret News opinion editor Hal Boyd cited one example of the disservice inherent in staying silent. He noted that while the idea of marriage is still a matter of “intellectual debate” among elites in American society, marriage itself is not a matter of debate for them in practice. “‘Elites get and stay married and make sure their kids enjoy the benefits of stable marriage.’ … The problem, however, is that [they] tend not to preach what they practice.” They don’t want to “impose” on those who really could use their moral leadership, but “it is perhaps time for those with education and strong families to stop feigning neutrality and start preaching what they practice pertaining to marriage and parenting … [and] help their fellow Americans embrace it.”
So most of it he is quoting from this Deseret news guy, but if he is saying it over the pulpit at GC that makes him responsible for it.

So these so called "Elites" are supposed to tell all non-elites how awesome their marriages are so that the non-elites will want to have awesome elite marriages too. :? Ummm whaaatttt?

Well let's define "Elite." I'm guessing in this context it means: straight, hetero, cisgender, wealthy (or a least not poor) educated, fertile (but have access to birth control), and American. And so if you are/have all of these things then you automatically have a super awesome marriage too because ...elite??!? :? And you need to impose your moral leadership on the gays and trans, mixed orientation marriages, poor, uneducated, couples who chose to remain childless, and couples with too many kids (I mean this never happens to Mormons but you know who I'm talking about *cough *Catholics* cough*) You need to tell them what horrible unstable marriages they have and if they would only stop being what they are and become elite like you they could have wonderful marriages too!

Oh and let's not forget "Elites get and stay married..." So singles and divorcées, we are not elite and are therefore devoid of moral leadership. I mean I know I just woke up one day and said "gee I don't really want my kids to enjoy the benefits of a stable marriage, also I'm lazy and like sinning. Oh I know! I can get a divorce! What a super fun thing that will be!" If only an elite had told me how non elite I was being, I would have stayed with my abusive, cheating ex.

And the red, white an blue cherry on top of the sh*t sundae is the fact that he mentions being American twice. I mean it makes sense in the original article which was printed in an American newspaper for an American audience. But DTodd must have forgotten that this is supposed to be a world wide church. I mean we aren't sending those kids on missions all over the world just so we can put more pins in the map on the church foyer wall are we? Are we? :?

Anywayz... Stunning performance DTodd!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound