Sunstone conference. Advise, please?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Abinidied

Re: Sunstone conference. Advise, please?

Post by Abinidied » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm

We are now sunstoning!! I have a red hard to read square pin that says Abinidied pinned to my lanyard. Seek me out fellow nomites if you are here !!!
Cum omnia defecerunt, ludere mortuis. (When all else fails, play dead.)
--Red Green

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 am

Abinidied wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm
We are now sunstoning!!
Lucky you!

And again, please let us know how it goes! :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 am

AllieOop wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 am
Abinidied wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm
We are now sunstoning!!
Lucky you!

And again, please let us know how it goes! :)
Yes please. I have attended the past three years but this year I'm helping my boy relocate for his new job, so couldn't make it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Abinidied

Post by Abinidied » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:52 pm

oops. posted in the wrong thread. Here's what i posted.

If there is one way I could describe my Sunstone experience it is rather the same feeling I had when I was around eight and my grandparents got the first colour television set in our small village. I'm sure I imagined what it would be like, but my wonder was struck when grandpa turned the knob and we saw a world in a way we couldn't preconceive. Can I put a finger on it? Nope. All I can say is how powerfully I've been moved, how terrifyingly hard I've laughed (Nathan Mccluskey created much loud laughter with a bit of irreverent, but poignant personal narrative), and how unimaginable transformative the conference has been on my shifting world view. Example. I walked up to Sandra Tanner and said, "I'm going to do something I never dreamed possible for me. I want to thank you for your pioneering efforts in drawing us closer to what history has shown us is the truth." She responded that perhaps she could get a float in the pioneer parade. We laughed and I walked away empowered with new meaning and a clear understanding that we are all here trying to find the same thing. Meaning. I don't agree with all things Light House Ministries, or any other ministry, but I'm finding hope right here, right now. And the best part of it all? My amazing wife is here with me, at times walking on paths on either side of the iron rod, but in spite of it all, reaching over and walking hand in hand. Sorry for the melancholy, but I couldn't be in a better place and can think of no other way to describe it.

I haven't encountered any NOMers except Bill Reel who sat down in front of me and I had a chance to share a few thoughts with him on what he was able t o provide that the church was not when I needed them to the most. I feel the same about NOM and although haven't been participating - a bit overwhelmed with life for the last couple of months.
Cum omnia defecerunt, ludere mortuis. (When all else fails, play dead.)
--Red Green

AllieOop

Post by AllieOop » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:45 am

Abinidied wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:52 pm
oops. posted in the wrong thread. Here's what i posted.

If there is one way I could describe my Sunstone experience it is rather the same feeling I had when I was around eight and my grandparents got the first colour television set in our small village. I'm sure I imagined what it would be like, but my wonder was struck when grandpa turned the knob and we saw a world in a way we couldn't preconceive. Can I put a finger on it? Nope. All I can say is how powerfully I've been moved, how terrifyingly hard I've laughed (Nathan Mccluskey created much loud laughter with a bit of irreverent, but poignant personal narrative), and how unimaginable transformative the conference has been on my shifting world view. Example. I walked up to Sandra Tanner and said, "I'm going to do something I never dreamed possible for me. I want to thank you for your pioneering efforts in drawing us closer to what history has shown us is the truth." She responded that perhaps she could get a float in the pioneer parade. We laughed and I walked away empowered with new meaning and a clear understanding that we are all here trying to find the same thing. Meaning. I don't agree with all things Light House Ministries, or any other ministry, but I'm finding hope right here, right now. And the best part of it all? My amazing wife is here with me, at times walking on paths on either side of the iron rod, but in spite of it all, reaching over and walking hand in hand. Sorry for the melancholy, but I couldn't be in a better place and can think of no other way to describe it.
Thanks for the report :)

I really love and admire Sandra Tanner and have interacted with her some (through emails). She's always been very helpful and so kind.

I'm so glad your wife is there with you! I'd love to hear more specifics regarding any sessions you attended if you can find the time. Thanks again!
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."