How the heck do you ladies do it?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

How the heck do you ladies do it?

Post by Red Ryder » Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm out shopping with the wife (yes, it's Sunday!! :lol:) and she's trying on clothes.

While I'm sitting here uncomfortably in the women's section, she's in the dressing room trying this and that on. Nope. Nope. Doesn't fit. Garments show. Nope. Nada. Hmmm maybe. Nope garments again. Maybe. Nope. I like it but the fit doesn't cover garments. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Uhgggg. Frustration... Let's just go.

I wonder if they have a pioneer dress section or something post 1880's modest that doesn't say saloon biddy? I think I'm going to go look at coffee makers.

This Not Even Once Club Fast Sunday edition is awesome!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Give It Time

Re: How the heck do you ladies do it?

Post by Give It Time » Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Burqas cover a multitude of both garments and sins.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop » Sun May 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Apparently your dw has yet to discover the glory of a white t-shirt under everything! :lol: Also, garment tape prevents any multi-layer slipping.
I don't believe we were born to be sheep in a flock
To pantomime prayers with the hands of a clock
- Paul Simon

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Sun May 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Snowdrop wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:52 pm
Apparently your dw has yet to discover the glory of a white t-shirt under everything! :lol: Also, garment tape prevents any multi-layer slipping.
Man, that sounds complicated.

But congrats to RR for shopping on Sunday!
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

trophywife26.2

Post by trophywife26.2 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:13 pm

I can think of an easy solution. :twisted:
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

LostGirl

Post by LostGirl » Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Ironically I used to need to select clothes to cover them. Now I have to select clothes to pretend to cover them. :(

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon May 08, 2017 4:47 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:07 pm
Nope. Nope. Doesn't fit. Garments show. Nope. Nada. Hmmm maybe. Nope garments again.
It is a shame our schools have deemphasized the basics like sewing and welding. With a nip here and a tuck there, women could come out with a very stylish garment thong complete with all the celestial symbols like the square, compass, and rings of Saturn.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 am

LostGirl wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 pm
Ironically I used to need to select clothes to cover them. Now I have to select clothes to pretend to cover them. :(
This!

And in dark colors!
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

Grace2Daisy

Post by Grace2Daisy » Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 am

It's pretty clear you can lead a man to the mall, but you can't make him shop.
"What is truth?" retorted Pilate. John 18:38

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 am

Grace2Daisy wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 am
It's pretty clear you can lead a man to the mall, but you can't make him shop.
I recommend that you lead your man to Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro Shop, or Fry's Electronics. He might even appreciate Home Depot, but he will be suspicious of what you want from him there.

alas

Post by alas » Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Give It Time wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 am
LostGirl wrote:
This!

And in dark colors!
Yes, I still buy things that look like they cover garments, but mostly by now it is old habit, and the fact that I sunburn like a redhead, even though I am not.

Shopping is always a pain for women if they are normal, and not a perfect size 4. Sizes are not really standardized. I wear one size at one store and another at a different store. And having more curves, gives us lots more places where the clothing doesn't fit right. For me, the top might fit, but the pants are too big, so the whole outfit gets rejected. Women are not all shaped alike, but the clothing pretends to be. So, two or three piece outfits never work. Women's clothing does not come in sensible sizes, like 34x 32, where one is the waist and the other the length. But we get our choice of two, sometimes three lengths, so if you are too tall for petite, but too short for regular, none of the pants length ever fit right, because the difference between petite and regular is about 8-10 inches. I either have to walk on the hem, rehem them, or go with the high water pants, because I can't buy what fits. So, I buy men's levies, because at least I can buy my length, and then wear a belt for the lack of waist.

So, I understand all too well shopping for three hours and not finding anything that fits and I even half like.

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Mon May 08, 2017 3:28 pm

alas wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 12:25 pm
Give It Time wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 am
LostGirl wrote:
This!

And in dark colors!
Yes, I still buy things that look like they cover garments, but mostly by now it is old habit, and the fact that I sunburn like a redhead, even though I am not.

Shopping is always a pain for women if they are normal, and not a perfect size 4. Sizes are not really standardized. I wear one size at one store and another at a different store. And having more curves, gives us lots more places where the clothing doesn't fit right. For me, the top might fit, but the pants are too big, so the whole outfit gets rejected. Women are not all shaped alike, but the clothing pretends to be. So, two or three piece outfits never work. Women's clothing does not come in sensible sizes, like 34x 32, where one is the waist and the other the length. But we get our choice of two, sometimes three lengths, so if you are too tall for petite, but too short for regular, none of the pants length ever fit right, because the difference between petite and regular is about 8-10 inches. I either have to walk on the hem, rehem them, or go with the high water pants, because I can't buy what fits. So, I buy men's levies, because at least I can buy my length, and then wear a belt for the lack of waist.

So, I understand all too well shopping for three hours and not finding anything that fits and I even half like.
Yeah, this happens even without garments. This is why women go shopping together. It's more fun, that way.

They might also buy a little more than the breadwinner is comfortable with, because, dammit! They've earned it!