My skin is getting darker

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
20/20hind

My skin is getting darker

Post by 20/20hind » Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm

My wife and i are going to Hawaii for our 20th and i have been tanning before we go.

People (tbms) have mentioned, hey your really tan!

My response, ya you know its really strange, ive been putting 50spf sunblock everyday and i just keep getting darker and darker.

I think god might be turning me into a lamanite

I get some laughs, but i also get some shi#y looks. My tbm wife doesn't like my sense of humor sometimes ;)

Lithium Sunset

Re: My skin is getting darker

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Haha... It's too bad you can't share the look on their faces. I bet she doesn't!
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Margarita

Post by Margarita » Tue May 09, 2017 2:07 pm

When I was 13 years old, I had a Lamenite sister...I love her dearly to this day! I remember my Dad telling us at suppertime that she was getting lighter and lighter...that didn't sit well with her real family...ugh!!

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Wed May 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Margarita wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:07 pm
When I was 13 years old, I had a Lamenite sister...I love her dearly to this day! I remember my Dad telling us at suppertime that she was getting lighter and lighter...that didn't sit well with her real family...ugh!!
OMG that is hilarious and messed up all at the same time. It is amazing what the doctrines of truth teach members!

hmb

Post by hmb » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 am

When I was a kid, there were a bunch of the Lamanite youth that lived with various families in our ward. One girl returned for many years. She said that her first year, the mom scrubbed her with a brush. Scrubbed and scrubbed to get the dirt off. :shock: WTF?