A different Q15 ---------- Question #4 (which actually includes three questions)

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Random

Re: A different Q15 ---------- Question #4 (which actually includes three questions)

Post by Random » Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 am

I've been commenting, then reading other people's replies so that I'm answering honestly. You guys were succinct in your replies. I was rather lengthy. I'd forgotten about Hinckley's words. They'd work if I didn't want to get all preachy, like I did in my reply.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

NOWmormon

Re: A different Q15 ---------- Question #4 (which actually includes three questions)

Post by NOWmormon » Wed May 24, 2017 4:36 am

Random wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 am
I've been commenting, then reading other people's replies so that I'm answering honestly. You guys were succinct in your replies. I was rather lengthy. I'd forgotten about Hinckley's words. They'd work if I didn't want to get all preachy, like I did in my reply.
I have been loving everyone's replies.
Very insightful.

ulmite

Post by ulmite » Thu May 25, 2017 5:28 am

Yes. Since the LDS priesthood is a construct of the LDS church, of course the guy in charge is in charge.
I sustain Uchtdorf, so technically I sustain do sustain members of the Q15.
And I sustain my bishop and most of the leaders in my ward. I don't have much contact with the stake level or higher up so I don't need to sustain them.

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 am

My answer is NO to all three, but if you were to take off the last part of each question my answer would be different. Let say the question read like this:

1.Do you sustain the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
2.Do you sustain members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve?
3.Do you sustain the other General Authorities and local authorities of the Church?
Answer: Just like any person heading an organization I would support their efforts. I would do my part and follow the rules of an organization I belonged to and would expect the same in return. I would expect him represent the company well. If at any time he can no longer do the duties described in his job description I would expect he step down and a more suitable person be put in place.

But the churches structure of hierarchy has a lot of holes in it. When you have dozens of sick, frail, senile and old men running a world wide organization there is bound to be problems. Any successful company would have retired many of these men long ago. And they are all men, and for the most part all white. How in the heck can they related to the problems of a religion/organization that is world wide? They can't and that is disturbing. I have left the church but I still care deeply for those who are still in it. It is imperative that their leaders are in touch with reality but from where I sit it doesn't appear that is so. It is my hope that the church will see this and change.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57