Are you trying to send me to hell?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Are you trying to send me to hell?

Post by Linked » Wed May 24, 2017 12:28 pm

My office thinks I am TBM and I was getting a drink with a TBM coworker. We both got water, he filled 2 bottles. As we were walking back to our desks he mentioned how tired he was, and I joked, "You should have gotten a coffee too!" And he jokingly responded, "Are you trying to send me to hell?"

coffee = hell

The punishment doesn't fit the crime here.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Korihor

Re: Are you trying to send me to hell?

Post by Korihor » Wed May 24, 2017 2:51 pm

IT's funny how once you be accustomed a non TBM mindset, how much little things like this stick out to you.

The funny part in this story is the fact that even though he jokingly responded "are you trying to send me to hell?" - he was serious.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am

A few years ago while eating breakfast at a diner, a man next to us was drinking coffee. My young son explained that that was a very bad man for drinking coffee. This was one of the last things I put on my shelf before it collapsed.
~2bizE

Lady_Macbeth

Post by Lady_Macbeth » Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am

2bizE wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am
A few years ago while eating breakfast at a diner, a man next to us was drinking coffee. My young son explained that that was a very bad man for drinking coffee. This was one of the last things I put on my shelf before it collapsed.
This is one reason I've always (even when TBM) been glad to have my sister out - she drinks coffee/wine in front of my kids and has tattoos. We always told them we just 'don't do those things in our family.'

Adding that last part has come back to bite me in the ass after I now drink coffee in the home. It was hard for my oldest to understand as she remembered church lessons and interpreted them as coffee = hell. DH still adds the 'we don't drink alcohol or have tattoos in this family', though. So it's going to become another hurdle when I want to do those things, too...

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu May 25, 2017 4:01 pm

“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE